Not open for further replies.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Avalanche said:
Sorry if I went overboard.

Av

No you did not! :)

Thanks for sharing that bit of information.

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Maxthon most of the time and after that Opera and then FireFox.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Sorry for being boring, but I've stuck to IE6 - I enjoy the challenge of trying to keep it patched up-to-date.

Reaction score
I been using opera for around 4-5 years now, have tried FF but Im just too set in my ways, especially now opera is free and the web developers toolbar has been made avail to opera too :)

Reaction score
DUDE PPLZ MKAY..READ DIZ..........................

I USETA HAVE FIREFOX N MY DAD SAID IT CAUZED VIRUZEZ SO NOW I USE IE..I DO NOTR LIKE IE...SO WHATTA I DO????????

LOVE, CEREAL :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I use IE for trusted sites.

Only use Mozzila K-meleon for surfing.

I quit using FireFox cause I think its too popular now and the bug writers are working on it.

Went back to using K-meleon its kinda unknown to most people. It has less eye candy but lots of features, works with IE favorites or FF bookmarks.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

Oh CEREAL your correct and your dad is wrong. Some people confuse it with Gozilla.

FireFox I think is hundreds of times more secure than IE.
Read about FireFox history it was Geko, Firebird, then FireFox.
K-meleon uses the Geko engine also.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is OLD. But I would just like to say-

I HATE Internet Explorer with A PASSION!!

It is absolutely rubbish, and possibly the thing Microsoft should be second most ashamed of about Windows XP (Second only to it's general server/internet security).

Firefox is probably the best, but Opera has by far the most friendly/speedy interface. However, both let you surf multiple pages simultaneously with ease - which is better than IE can do. If you try having multiple copies of IE open, it seems to use up more and more RAM each time.

Reaction score
tomsega said:
I HATE Internet Explorer with A PASSION!!

It is absolutely rubbish, and possibly the thing Microsoft should be second most ashamed of about Windows XP (Second only to it's general server/internet security).

icon12.gif
:thumb:

Ya this post is old but so is IE.

I thought MS was goin IE Mozilla what happened.

I really like the Mozilla Suite browser. I like the plugins for it better than Firefox.

Reaction score
iexplorer has never given me any problems, so long as its up to date.

(and has google toolbar running)

What about Slimbrowser? i dont use it, but several friends swear by it.

Reaction score
Firefox..pretty much have always used it..all the way back to the .05 release.

Reaction score
I swapped from Firefox to K-Meleon browser ages ago, OK, K-Meleon doesn't have the huge selection of extensions the fox has (it doesn't have any actually) :D but it's lean and fast

Another new browser on the scene is 'Flock' (has it been mentioned already? I only skimmed this long thread......)
http://www.flock.com/

Claims to be the fastest, but doesn't compare with K-Mel in my opinion.

Worth a look, though :)

Reaction score
I'm using Maxthon, I love that one, it's the best. I just can't get with firefox, Maxthon is the best to me. :nod:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
FireFox is rapidly gaining ground against Internet Explorer, as more people are worried about security and bugs that have plagued IE6.

Microsoft are due to release IE7 Beta in a few months time... which browser will you be using?

According to the server logs, 67.1% of you are using IE6, 21.4% using FireFox... and the rest are using older versions of IE or other browsers (Gecko, Safari, etc...)

IE7 because many of my programs use, it but I do use Firefox for on-line banking and shopping.

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
On IE6.Tried Firefox a couple of years ago but had problems linking with some MS applications so went back to IE. Maybe the problems have been ironed out now and if so would probably go back to Firefox as I think less likely to be hacked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question