Undeliverable e-mail

Many times when I send e-mail to different websites, I recieve the Undeliverable mail back with the message : 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Is this a security setting that's doing this. How do I get this e-mail delivered! Please help

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Are you able to send emails to soem domain atlest
One reason could be because of the follwing reason / Let me know if this
resolves the issue

This behavior may occur when your Internet service provider (ISP) requires
you to
authenticate before you send an e-mail message, instead of only requiring
authentication when you receive an e-mail message.

To configure authentication for when you send an e-mail message through
your outgoing mail server, follow these steps:
1. Start Outlook
2. On the "Tools" menu, click" E-mail Accounts".
3. Click "View or change existing e-mail accounts", and then click
"Next".
4. Select the account for your ISP, and then click "Change".
5. Click "More Settings".
6. Click the" Outgoing Server" tab.
7. Click to select the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires
authentication" check box.
8. Click "Use same settings as my incoming mail server", and then click
"OK".
9. Click "Next", and then click "Finish".

--------------------
====From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWxhZHNhbQ==?=" <[email protected]>
====Subject: Undeliverable e-mail
====Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:41:02 -0700
====Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
====
====Many times when I send e-mail to different websites, I recieve the
Undeliverable mail back with the message : 553 sorry, that domain isn't in
my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Is this a security setting that's
doing this. How do I get this e-mail delivered! Please help.

====

===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===

Sandeep- Thank you for your help, however, when I followed those steps, the problem was worse, I couldn't send out any e-mails at all and the same message appeared again for all outgoing mail. When I set it back to the old way (unchecking the My outgoing server requires authentification) box, I could send some e-mails, but most of them came back with that error message. Any other suggestions

----- Sandeep KT [MSFT] wrote: ----

[...]

-------------------
====From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWxhZHNhbQ==?=" <[email protected]
====Subject: Undeliverable e-mai
====Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:41:02 -070
====Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.genera
===
====Many times when I send e-mail to different websites, I recieve the
Undeliverable mail back with the message : 553 sorry, that domain isn't in
my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Is this a security setting that's
doing this. How do I get this e-mail delivered! Please help

===

==

Sandeep K

This posting is provided “AS IS†with no warranties, and confers no rights

==

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Hi Alan
Could you please let me know the error messge you are receiving/ if any
it looks like you ISP doesn't really need SMTP Auth to send email
Pls let me know if you are receiving any error messge while sending emails

regards

Sandeep

====

====From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWxhZHNhbQ==?=" <[email protected]>
====Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:41:02 -0700
====Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
====
====Many times when I send e-mail to different websites, I recieve the
Undeliverable mail back with the message : 553 sorry, that domain
isn't in
my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1). Is this a security setting
that's
doing this. How do I get this e-mail delivered! Please help.

====

===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS†with no warranties, and confers
no rights.

===

====

===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===

I have the same problem, except it says "553 domain cannot be relayed thru
this MTA (#5.7.1) I have tried what you suggested--still nothing.. Any ideas?

Sandeep KT [MSFT]

Please have a look a this and see if this can resolve let me know

If the error you saw is "553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be
relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)" it means you should try to check for your
email first, before sending one. This is called POP Before SMTP
authentication. Microsoft Outlook has the option to do this under SMTP
Authentication. Outlook Express just needs to check email first.
===

Sandeep KT

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.

===

Brian Tillman

Sandeep KT said:
If the error you saw is "553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be
relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)" it means you should try to check for
your email first, before sending one. This is called POP Before SMTP
authentication. Microsoft Outlook has the option to do this under SMTP
Authentication. Outlook Express just needs to check email first.

Try authenticating to your outgoing server.

relief at last! this fixed my problem Thanks so much for taking the time to
post the steps.