The PCR Guild Wars 2 Thread

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yay!! GW2 has brought in the dancing at long last. Here's a wee sample of the various races. Great fun. :D

[Youtube]tcrsgm4T7Wk[/Youtube]

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Claiming your Hall of Monuments Rewards

So how do you access those Hall of Monuments rewards on your Guild Wars 2 characters? It’s quite simple.

First, you need to be sure you’ve established your own Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars: Eye of the North. That’s sort of a given, isn’t it? :)

Second, you need to link your Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 accounts.

If all that is in order, every character you create on your Guild Wars 2 account automatically will receive a special in-game item: the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.

Simply activate the Portal Stone to transport yourself to the Eye of the North. Once there, speak with our old friend Kimmes the Historian (in his newer, slightly less-corporeal state) and he’ll show you a list of Hall of Monument reward items you have unlocked. You can select any of the items, at any time, for any character you make on your account.

Use the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone again to transport yourself (and your rewards) back to your former location. It’s that easy.

Linky

Guide to earning Hall of Monuments rewards

Enjoy! :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Right now, I'm downloading the client to my new beastie. It's 23% done as I type... only another few hours of downloading then. :lol:

I'm guessing ArenaNet will not grumble, providing I delete GW2 from my old PC..? Hope that's the case anyway.

muckshifter

Reaction score
it wont make any difference to them, you will only be able to "log-on" to the one account. Your account details are stored on their systems :)

If you bought another account, you could then log-on using both PCs, as I can with mucks & kronan in GW1 ... the lack of four hands is a drawback. :p

You could 'uninstall' the old one ... me, I would keep it, and regularly update the client, just in case the new PC failed ... :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh thanks for clarifying Mucks. :thumb: Of course! It makes sense now......... and good idea re PC failures too.

56% and counting.... :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
flippin' heck, that is slow. :confused:

What is the download running at ?

muckshifter

Reaction score
It's done now :D (It was a pretty constant 770 - 820 KB/Sec.)
Ouch!!

Hope that doesn't translate when actually playing ... tho' that new system should compensate somewhat. :)

my client downloads are around 2.5MB/s :p

You all ready for a 6am start ... I got me breakfast on a plate, cling-filmed in the fridge, microwave pre set, coffee, I'll make fresh. :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
I got in, at 05:10am, yes I couldn't sleep :blush:

made my primary character, an Asura elemental, Mr Quinn, on server Piken Square.

05:45, waiting for them to "fix" access to servers ... seems they being overwhelmed. :rolleyes:

[note:]
DO NOT disable your firewall, the log-on 'error 42' has nothing to do with it, especially if you are using Win firewall.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow! Early bird!! :D

I'm currently carrying out some twiddles and tweaks, to see if I can get rid of that interference I mentioned in-game. Moved the tower a bit, found some display tweaks (keep forgetting I have a load of buttons on the side of this monitor, lol.)

Lost connection - game blamed firewall, but don't think it's that... I'm using Win 7's own, with MSE.

All looking good otherwise though :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Our game servers are currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and our best Asura engineers are furiously working on it! We know you've been waiting a long time for this weekend but we ask a *bit* more patience today and will bring everything up as soon as we can.
We may get an extra hour tagged on the end of the day to make up for it. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
The Headstart period for Guild Wars 2 kicked off this weekend ahead of its general release, and is to be expected with any MMO, the influx of huge numbers of players brought a swathe of issues. European gamers in particular suffered serious problems connecting to servers, resulting in “error 42″ messages, but ArenaNet believes the issue is now resolved.

For more persistant errors, ArenaNet has some useful advice. Error 21 can be circumnavigated by switching off the option to remember your account details before restarting your client, and error 1038 may mean you’re using the wrong Guild Wars 1 account. Error 1032 takes a bit of patience, as transfer demand is causing delays, while error 122 means whoeveer sold you your game pulled a swiftie and you should apply for a refund. Other issues, such as Trading Post, guild services and in-game mail, are proving more difficult to resolve.

If you’re having trouble connecting, the most up to date progress reports on the various errors and issues will be found on the MMORPG’s Twitter feed, but the Guild Wars 2 Knowledge Base is being regularly updated and contains a list of known errors, proposed solutions and ETAs where available. Check it out before you throw a wobbly. :)

source

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi V_R :wave:

Thanks for the heads-up - we installed beta drivers at the beginning of the headstart. I can't speak for Mucks, of course, but the ones I have are the 394 (point something) ... can't check at this moment, as I'm using the old PC. They made quite a difference for me. Much better performance.

Will certainly go back and check to see if I can get the one you have mentioned though. Thank you. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
394? Maybe more like 304? :)

Either way, these have only just been released so in theory should be even better. They are great here, Skyrim is noticeably better. :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
394? Maybe more like 304? :)

Either way, these have only just been released so in theory should be even better. They are great here, Skyrim is noticeably better. :thumb:
Gadzooks! I shouldn't be allowed out alone!! :lol: You're quite correct, I did mean 304. Soz lol.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
haha no worries. I knew what you mean. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
yep I seen the post, I see all. :)

did forget to go get them tho', will test 'em out, soon.

[EDIT] not sure if I "see" any difference or not, just testing the new AO out.
[edit2] ... I'll leave it off, don't think 'Ambient Occlusions' makes any difference to the already excellent renderings in my eyes. Certainly doesn't affect FSP, but I'll keep the drivers. :)

Ask a Question