The PCR Guild Wars 2 Thread

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
there is a big update to the GW2 clent, go get it now.

hope we get some dance routines ... like this in LoTRO. :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
there is a big update to the GW2 client, go get it now.

hope we get some dance routines ... like this in LoTRO. :lol:

Done! :thumb: (Though when I saw your post, I hoped it would be news of another sneaky stress-test. But never mind... not too long to go now.)

That dance was pretty cool. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
We will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 9 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2

update the client now if you haven't already done so ... see you in game.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
happy-dancing.gif
sHa_clap.gif
smiley_highfive.gif
Yay! Now that's put a spring in my step, a grin on my physog and a tulip behind my ear!!

muckshifter

Reaction score
STOP THE PRESS

We will be conducting a Stress Test on Friday
August 10 from 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time to 8:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

:cheers: :dance: :cheers:

ps, don't forget to update your client

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I guess to be fair, the folk in the USA have missed-out on previous stress tests, as they've taken place early, during the working day.

TBH, I'm tempted to give it a go for a while. Last night I got some new skills which I was enjoying. (I blew all my skill/trait points, which had accumulated over the past final-BETA and stress-tests.) I'd like to make a note of them for future reference. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A behind-the-scenes look at the GW2 team.

[Youtube]clyvEMEJE50[/Youtube]

muckshifter

Reaction score
Happy weekend, everyone!

We will be conducting a stress test
Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event,
so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test,
and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game.
Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

well, dunno what I'm gonna do for the hour, but I'll find something. :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh great! Hmm... an hour eh? That wouldn't be bad for taking another prowl around LA - I love the underwater scenery there. So a bit of swimming with the friendly marine-life for me........... assuming I can find it again, of course lol. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score

Just to show how far ANet has gone to make this a fun game. :bow:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Another large update today folks...:thumb:
... and with it came a client warning that your nVidia drivers were not-up-to-scratch dispite being the latest-n-greatest ... fear not, nVidia are due to release some new drivers that apparently "fix" issues the old one create, not that I had any really upsetting issues myself, YMMV.

Expected release date being touted around the Tinternet for these new 305.?? drivers, is 25th or 21st of August, this year. :)

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
... and with it came a client warning that your nVidia drivers were not-up-to-scratch dispite being the latest-n-greatest ... fear not, nVidia are due to release some new drivers that apparently "fix" issues the old one create, not that I had any really upsetting issues myself, YMMV.

Expected release date being touted around the Tinternet for these new 305.?? drivers, is 25th or 21st of August, this year. :)

:user:
Is that the same message as the one in the thumbnail below Mucks..? It seems to be telling me my system is below spec. :eek:

Attachments

• GW2 minimum spec.JPG
    GW2 minimum spec.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 122

muckshifter

Reaction score
yep, that be the one.

Not to worry as people with the very latest hardware/software are also getting that same message ... this last client update was a major one and as such the hardware/software detection built-in is "upsetting" a lot of people.

I don't think there is anyone with a nVidia card not receiving the same message. :rolleyes:

The really annoying thing is, we can't easily contact ANet as their "GW2 forums" are NOT live. That really bugs me. :wall:

Not long to go till game goes live ... :drool:

[EDIT]
...actually, my message does specifically state my graphics card is below par, as I have seen many other complaining of such, I did some research and found out the pending remedy.

I still don't think you will have any more troubles than anyone else with your same specs ... we shall see.

muckshifter

Reaction score
err, forgot to post my message :blush:

Attachments

• gw2graphic.jpg
    gw2graphic.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 108

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh thanks for that reply Mucks... must admit to feeling a bit fazed. I know all isn't entirely well, because each time I close the game, everything slows very badly. i.e., If I immediately try to open an email... it keeps me waiting for several minutes.... that kind of thing.

But having said that... my system is now entering its 6th year!! So a bit of an oldie.

Ask a Question