The PCR Guild Wars 2 Thread

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Bit more news about the up-coming events:

On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.
*On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.
Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. There is one exception:

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT).
More from: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Lost-Shores-Heads-Up

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Refer a Friend Free Trial is Coming. :)

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial.

You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!

Put your name down here, or PM me if you wanna be anonymous, if you would like to try out GW2 for a few days. :)

source

oh, PCReview regulars first.

:cool:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The posters which have been appearing around Lion's Arch recently, can now be translated from New Krytan. Here's a sample of the alphabet:

code.jpg

Wonder if it will catch-on like Klingon.......? :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A few folk have deciphered whole blocks of text from the LA posters lol. Quite entertaining really. :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Mucks...:) I'll take a proper look a bit later on, (off to the vet in a short while, so can't stop right now.) Somehow, I don't think they're going to be happy bunnies once all the event feedback is gathered.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Wintersday: The Wondrous Workshop of Toymaker Tixx

December 14 to January 3

The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

This year the city of Lion’s Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, he’ll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

:cheers:

muckshifter

Reaction score

a better quality video

hohoho :)

UPDATE!!

Despite the name, Wintersday is actually a multi-week winter festival celebrated all across Tyria (except in Orr, where there is not a lot of cheer.) Tixx travels to each of the cities, bringing new activities, events, and surprises at each stop. And did we mention the toys? Enter Tixx’s airship toy workshop, an instanced map designed for groups of 5 players.

Schedule of Events

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Looks like there might be a bit of a delay, according to this post by one of the game devs:

The build should go live sometime tomorrow. The first stop of Tixx’s airship is on December 15 at 10:00 AM PST (7:00 PM CET). The delay is intentional, to prevent any unforeseen complications with getting the build out from messing with the timed content. Don’t forget that even before the airship arrives, there’s plenty of stuff to see and do in Lion’s Arch.
Source: GW2.com

muckshifter

Reaction score
yep, although everything "official" still points to today ... probably an oversight and not a bug.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/december-2012/

My take is, it goes "live" for the 14th, today, BUT, festivities start on the 15th (that's tomorrow if you reading this today) ... and just in case they teasing, or someone can't tell the Yankie calendar from the real World Calendar, I'll be online to check. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
[Youtube]LNCb4uVYbbk[/Youtube]

Also, GW2's Colin Johanson has set out in more detail what we might expect to happen in game during the coming months. Here's linky. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
New update Flame and Frost just around the corner.

In a little under a week, January 28, the sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south.

The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy …

:cool:

muckshifter

Reaction score
The situation worsens for the citizens of Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau. Volunteers have eased the burden, but more refugees hobble down from the Shiverpeaks. The storm there gains momentum, but the forces of good are beginning to rally. They’re sending their heroes to defend the land and its peoples. Someone must hold back the gathering storm.

In Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm, the second instalment in this four-part series, the stakes are raised, and battles rage, in the foothills of the Shiverpeaks.

:user:

Ask a Question