PTEDIT32 under XP

S

Svend Olaf Mikkelsen

For a most obscure reason actually.

I am using a very old (but perfectly working) Philips 20" single fre-
quency 48kHz monitor with a special single frequency bios video card.
PTEDIT wants fullscreen DOS mode 640*480 which currently doesn't dis-
play well. Another problem is that the screen isn't refreshed all the time
which may or may_not also be a problem caused by the single frequency bios.

I can probably fix all that but PTEDIT32 runs in a window and doesn't
give me any problems. Call me lazy.

OK, that was a good explanation.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had this problem with PQ partition magic and spent hours looking for PTEDIT that would run under windows XP. Actually it does, but don't rush to download it. After hours of searching i found out that i needed some files. Not the one you talk about that shoud be places in SYSTEM or SYTEM 32, but files like "splash.pqg"

Well, the file PTEDIT32 people try to use has 370 KB (at least that's the one i keep finding on the internet) and would give you error #5 whatever you try.
Try this: open your PowerQuest Partition Magic installation folder and look for the PTEDIT32 in there. It's automatically installed with the original program. It should be like 492 KB.

It works(yes, it works under XP). No need to change anything, no new files, no nothing. Just run it and change whatever you need.

I've attached the file on this post, so feel free to download it.

If you can't find it, leave me your e-mail and i'll send it to you the 492 KB PTEDIT that worked for me.

Hope this helpled you! :)

Attachments

• PTEDIT32.zip
    235.6 KB · Views: 349

Ask a Question