PSD99 needs to upgrade

Reaction score
okay got the board got the GFX

next thing to buy is PSU? Prob go 600W as the price difference between that and a 520W MODULAR is about the same or even less in some cases.

I don't think I need a modular one I will be using a lot of cables.

Okay Enermax, Cosair spring to mind. Damn ebuyer taken off a lot of their PSU's in the last few days... wish to buy from there for free del.

I don't want Tagan (bad experience) and thinking about a coolermaster PSU?

What you lot reccomend?

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Reaction score
psd99 said:
The one at the bottom seems to be a bargain!!! BUT 780W should I be considering my electricity bill?
Come on obviously 780 W on 24/7 MUST cost a lot than 650W also that OCZ doens't mention anything baout being SILENCED or SILENT.

Just because the product says 750w, doesn't mean you will be drawing 750w 24/7..Withough going through every part you have an knowing exactly what they draw at what time I wouldn't be able to give you an exact figure on how much power you would be drawing when using your machine..But I can asure you it wouldn't be 750w 24/7

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah have ordered from scan alot, quick service, never a problem with delivery, but don't bother with the Tech support, they are useless, RMA is quick, sent a motherboard back, got a new one 3 days later.

PC Power or Corsair are regarded as the best,

MadX is right 780W will be peak, i doubt you will be using more than 500 - 550W at peak anyway, but its good to get a bigger wattage, as you can keep it for as long as it wants to play, plus OCZ do a 3 year free replace where you tell them its knackered they send you one and then you send the bust one back.

Reaction score
Hi wizkid that is the same PSU I am looking at closely. Although I will get the non modular equivalent because I will be using a lot of devices.

I reckon I can still get it looking neat and tidy :)

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Hi wizkid that is the same PSU I am looking at closely. Although I will get the non modular equivalent because I will be using a lot of devices.

I reckon I can still get it looking neat and tidy :)

Hi psd99,

That psu you are looking at is fine, it will do the job nicely. I reckon if you use a few cables ties then you can get the case looking nice and tidy. :)

Regards,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The one wizkid linked to is the same one I have. It's good. And quiet.

And quite a few others on this forum use that one as well.

Modular is good, definitely worth paying for. And it really isn't that much extra.

Reaction score
thanks I don't see point of modular except in cooling purposes. I'm not going to show my girlfriend the inside of the case haha

and I could use that extra £20 quid price difference to take her out or something.

Ask a Question