PSD99's Upgrade thread with Pictures.

Reaction score
Right guys as I mentioned before. I wish to create this thread with pictures. Each time I get an item for my rig I aim to update this on here. :) I predict that I should have the full system up and running before the end of 2008, although I am aiming before November 2008 :)

Stage 1 - The Cosmos Infatuation

I had just got home from work telling everyone that the Cosmos has arrived. After refreshing my Ebuyer page 100 times before I got home I was introduced to something special my new Cosmos case.
On the left you can see my original Chiftech tower, which I have had for a good 5 years. Look at the size difference.

My Chiftech tower is suprisingly more taller and about the same width. The difference between the two is the length. The Cosmos is a lot longer it actually sticks out so I might have to move the Cosmos on the outside of the desk. Do you see those drawers? I might put it there what do you all reckon?

Right by this point I had take it out of the box and I could smell it. It smelt so good you know like that new electronic smell you get with new products. It does weight quite a fair bit!

This is how it looks as you can see it does actually stick out a bit!!!

What do you see below? It took me 30 seconds to work this one out but it was...UPSIDE down. I got to admit I thought it was upright at first...

I got the manual out, could be good reading until I get my motherboard manual...

And here we are this is what it looks like when it is upright. Looks quite attractive I think it fits in well with my setup. Everything is black and silver now except my Sky Digital box.

A close up picture of what it looks like from the front once you remove the case door...

Lots of connectors in here on the left are all the connectors for the fans but on the right are all the ones you never wished you had.
Will have to tread carefully when I get my new board to work out where each one goes!

Last edited:
Reaction score
wizkid said:
Nice pics m8. Can't wait to see others. :)

Regards,

Wiz

Cheers mate just added in some comments.

Right now I am happy with my buy. It looks like there is a good amount of room to work inside of that case. I reckon if I get a modular PSU I would be better off. Quite a steep price for a case but worth it so far.

I've heard the Cosmos was £99.99 at Xmas time last year so keep watching out for it for all of you that want it to break the £100 mark!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good to see those pix :thumb:

I can't help but think that the Cosmos design is heavily influenced by Antec's 900 case design.

Which is no bad thing of course but...

Reaction score
oh does it look similar?

I bet it is a product of that case!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice pics :thumb:

I really, really like that case - you can really tell the quality by looking at that pic of inside :nod:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Nice pics :thumb:

I really, really like that case - you can really tell the quality by looking at that pic of inside :nod:

Yes it is of very good build quality Ian.
It seems to be strong and resilient in structure. Look out for it around Xmas time I reckon it could go as low as £99. Get it. :)

Reaction score
So where would you guys put it if you were me?

Would you leave it sticking out in the same position where my Chiftech tower is or would you put it in the place of the black drawers?

The problem with moving it would be the cables I would have to sort them all out again!! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks nice mate, keep the pics coming. :)

Reaction score
Hi guys I am at work and my new motherboard Asus P5Q3 and Graphics card 9800 have just arrived.

They look so sexy pictures to come as soon as possible. :)

Reaction score
Stage 2: The motherboard - " Mama never loved her much and daddy never keeps in touch......I would fly to the moon and back if you'd be my NEW MOTHERBOARD."

I hope I get the order right...
Right here we go:

So there I was at work getting bored and this box arrived ALL THE WAY FROM STOKE..... :). How boring does it look?

okay saved it....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow that took ages to upload I am well excited now I can't annotate at the moment but hope to soon.

The next parts to buy are memory and PSU. :)

Reaction score
Right, thats it, I will admit I am beyond jealous now..Mr Virgin Mater Card be prepared fro the hiding of your life tonight..OCUK here comes this months pay cheque..

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Right, thats it, I will admit I am beyond jealous now..Mr Virgin Mater Card be prepared fro the hiding of your life tonight..OCUK here comes this months pay cheque..

lol
98 posts to go.

Ahh I know I am so excited but at the same time frustrated. I can't test any of this out just yet!!!

So your card will become a pro with lots of carnal experience nice!!!

Reaction score
lol I wonder if I get my noddy badge...

I know how you feel..Very frustrating..If you seen the picture of my bike on here that was built part by part..But the day she revved into life was a day worth waiting for..
As for the card getting spanked..Its going to have to be a stelth opperation..Don't want the handbrake sorry girlfriend finding out..I have been thinking about building a PC for a while, trouble is it was just the other month I spent an obscene amount of money on a Mac Pro..But after been a member on here and taking in what everybody has had to offer I think the time is now to build my own..I'll suffer the consequences of girlfriend mayhem at a later date..

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Excellent thread m8 but...

" Mama never loved her much and daddy never keeps in touch......I would fly to the moon and back if you'd be my NEW MOTHERBOARD."

Drop the Savage Garden :wave:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Photos are Brilliant / This is a great thread but for the minor knowledgable ones ..aka (me) where or please photo show them/me where all and every cable and switch goes :) ...could be the most Definative building PC i have seen m8 .

Ask a Question