PSD99's Upgrade thread with Pictures.

Reaction score
Now I have to buy a new monitor as the photos you have put up are excellent:thumb: BUT!

I have to go around the back of the monitor to see the begining and end of the photos:lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Reaction score
ermm interesting I remember putting up full 6 MP on here ages ago and Sir Mucks got agitated.

The pictures you see from me are all now reduced down to 800 X 600 that is pretty small. Get the screen I got Samsung 226BW. :)

Reaction score
Rush said:
Photos are Brilliant / This is a great thread but for the minor knowledgable ones ..aka (me) where or please photo show them/me where all and every cable and switch goes :) ...could be the most Definative building PC i have seen m8 .

I will try do this.

Might be a good idea to take pictures as I put it all in. I'll see what I can do.

I could do a video too, now if I did a video how would I be able to upload it on here?

Reaction score
psd99 said:
ermm interesting I remember putting up full 6 MP on here ages ago and Sir Mucks got agitated.

The pictures you see from me are all now reduced down to 800 X 600 that is pretty small. Get the screen I got Samsung 226BW. :)

Na! I is only joking :wave: I have a 42" screen now, much bigger I will have to sit next door to view:lol: ;)

Reaction score
...in that case I shall get my 100 MP camera out for you then. Tell me if you see that. :p

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking sweet mate, just need to sell RS:V2 and your all good. :p

Reaction score
V_R said:
Looking sweet mate, just need to sell RS:V2 and your all good. :p

Thanks mate glad you liked it.

What is RS:V2?

Just got up 4:30 can't work it out this early.

Reaction score
Okay guys some more pictures this time not so pretty

okay you see this part on the board....... (12V connector on board)

Now I think I need to use this cable convertor to connect it from motherboard to PSU (as the current PSU doesn't have this cable)

Now if you take a look on the molex end I got this......

Is that how this molex end is meant to look? It is missing one pin in there can you see it?

Also the pin second from the right is a little loose.The whole cable comes out I just pushed it back in.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yes mate, it looks fine, the small 4 pin doesn't need all the power a 4 pin molex can supply so thats why there are only 3 wires going into it.

Reaction score
thanks cheers

I hope my new PSU has got that in there already this one doesn't feel so great. :(

oh gosh as mentioned in the other thread I just put in my motherboard and GFX into the new case with a psu from another working machine. (I hate taking working machines apart)

Well it powered up fine but no error beeps at all...

Hopefully I will get my memory and new PSU this week.

Okay next question
anyone know much about Zalman socket 775 CPU fans? Will I have to go underneath the board to install one of them?
( I ask this because I just put the board in)

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi,

It depends on which one you want, some of then have a retaining bracket that goes on the back of the motherboard and some don't, it all depends on the weight.

Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering if you could tell me me the exact height of this case, I know coolermaster state 598mm but if I order a full system and it doesnt fit im buggered, also I dont know if they counted the bar at the top.. Also how far up are the usb ports?, I know they're on the top but it's lower than the highest part of the case.

Thanks,

Jake.

Reaction score
Hi okay with the bars I measure it as it is not taller than 60cm so I would say the whole height is 600m or 60cm including the bars.

How far up are the USB ports?

Well pretty high up almost on top of the case right near the power on button. It also has ESata, firewire and some audio inputs.

The thing I would really think about is the case LENGTH. As you can see from my pictures it is very long in length.
Will that stick out of your desk?

Overall a brilliant case with a superb build quality. I would like to add that I am so far impressed with the silenced fans installed. Go and buy it now.

Reaction score
Thanks, yes it should fit fine, I have a custom built desk for an alienware computer which themselves are rather large but this one takes the biscuit lol.

Reaction score
As you can see from my comparison pictures it is not as tall as the current case I got the Chiftech Tower. But it is a LOT LONGER so I have to still decide where I am going to put it.

It is a good case last year at xmas it was £99.99 perhaps it could drop again. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
psd99 said:
Thanks mate glad you liked it.

What is RS:V2?

Just got up 4:30 can't work it out this early.
Rainbow six vegas. :)

Reaction score
Okay guys the memory has been ordered so has the PSU both from Scan.

I went with 4 GB in the end and a 650 W Cosair PSU. A well pcr reccomended Noctua fan as well. :)

My application list is almost complete and I have backed up most of my data. I must now decide on a CPU and CPU fan. But in the meantime I wish to look for some software that can test my system like a benchmark
so i'll run it on my current setup now and then when I got the new rig up and running i'll run it on that too and will share my findings with you all.

Any ideas of what software I need to do this?

Ask a Question