Pricelessware banner contest

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas said:
(e-mail address removed)>:

I am h-onoured and 'umbled.

IMO it looks darn good there. Yours was the first banner entry in so it
went up first. I thought it was time to get rid of the PL2005 look- this
seemed like a good way to do it.

speaking of such things. . .

ISTM it would be nice to have something that authors of Pricelessware
apps could display on their awards pages. Your banner would work really
well for that. I think there should be some additional text that makes
it clear *their* app was chosen for the PL. Maybe??? just

-------------

Pricelessware 2006

selection

-------------

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

IMO it looks darn good there. Yours was the first banner entry in so it
went up first. I thought it was time to get rid of the PL2005 look- this
seemed like a good way to do it.

speaking of such things. . .

ISTM it would be nice to have something that authors of Pricelessware
apps could display on their awards pages. Your banner would work really
well for that. I think there should be some additional text that makes
it clear *their* app was chosen for the PL. Maybe??? just

-------------

Pricelessware 2006

selection

Ok, I've put something together for that - where can I send it? (and don't
be rude! :) )

Nicolaas.

.... Life is just Nature's way of keeping meat fresh.

Susan Bugher

Nicolaas said:
(e-mail address removed)>:
Ok, I've put something together for that - where can I send it? (and don't
be rude! :) )

Thank you Nicolaas. :) Why don't you send it to Burnr. He needs more
work ;) (and we haven't had much luck communicating). Alternately you
could upload it to YouSendit and I can download it from there, then
upload it to the web site.

http://www.yousendit.com/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

burnr

Thank you Nicolaas. :) Why don't you send it to Burnr. He needs more
work ;) (and we haven't had much luck communicating). Alternately you
could upload it to YouSendit and I can download it from there, then
upload it to the web site.

http://www.yousendit.com/

Susan

Been doing a lot of running around this week. No where in
particular...just running around in circles. I think it's an inner ear
thing. LOL! Nicolaas can email it to me and I'll up it. Or do the
yousendit thing, whichever is preferred. I took off work today for my
birthday. I don't understand why it's not a national holiday...should
be. :)) Been sleeping most of the day :p

Nicolaas Hawkins

Thank you Nicolaas. :) Why don't you send it to Burnr. He needs more
work ;) (and we haven't had much luck communicating). Alternately you
could upload it to YouSendit and I can download it from there, then
upload it to the web site.

http://www.yousendit.com/

Susan

Ok, I have done that, and I will also send it to the same address as I
sent the other file.
The yousendit reference is:
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DSXAYOGN3VTT0XMNMQ22U1IDE
and it is addressed to
sebugher
at
yahoo
dot
com

Nicolaas.

.... When you argue with a fool, chances are that the fool you are arguing
with is doing the same.

Nicolaas Hawkins

Been doing a lot of running around this week. No where in
particular...just running around in circles. I think it's an inner ear
thing. LOL!

Careful! You know what they say about those who run around in little
circles.

Nicolaas can email it to me and I'll up it. Or do the
yousendit thing, whichever is preferred.

I have done both.

I took off work today for my birthday.

Many harpies ... er, hippies ... er, dammit, I mean happies!

I don't understand why it's not a national holiday...should be. :))

Hmmm ... I have often thought the same thing about mine. That it's not,
is perhaps an indication of one's relative importance in the overall
scheme of things.

Been sleeping most of the day :p

Hey, I could imagine a lot of worse things to be doing.

Nicolaas.

.... A soft answer turneth away wrath, but leaveth unrepelled the
door-to-door religion peddler.

Susan Bugher

burnr said:
@individual.net:
Been doing a lot of running around this week. No where in
particular...just running around in circles. I think it's an inner ear
thing. LOL! Nicolaas can email it to me and I'll up it. Or do the
yousendit thing, whichever is preferred. I took off work today for my
birthday. I don't understand why it's not a national holiday...should
be. :)) Been sleeping most of the day :p

Happy birthday Burnr! :) I hereby declare today an ACF *International*
Holiday. I've started cutting the cake, would somebody please open the
Champagne?

erm. . . as long as I'm thinking up work for you :) why don't you have
an ACF logo contest too? It would be nice to have an ACF logo (better
color scheme etc.) - something that would really set the ACF web pages
apart from the PL pages.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

burnr

Hmmm ... I have often thought the same thing about mine. That it's not,
is perhaps an indication of one's relative importance in the overall
scheme of things.

Exactly! I guess those buffons on "the hill" don't realize just how
important I (we) actually am (are). ;)
Hey, I could imagine a lot of worse things to be doing.

Next to eating it's may fav. pastime. Combine the two (eat and then
sleep) and I'm in heaven. Get the feeling I ain't no fireball of energy?
hehe Too old for that!

Susan Bugher

burnr said:
@individual.net:
Ahhh. Thought I was losing it. Could have swore I uploaded it this morning.
But since it was around 4:30am thought maybe I just dreamed it lol

Grovel. . . sorry, sorry, sorry. I should have posted FIRST or asked
you to make the switch.

More playing around, sfter rearranging the PL2006 headers:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006BUSINESS-HOME.php

I moved on the the ACF headers - added the "Wings of Freeware" logo as
an experiment - can't say that I'm all that please with the "look" ATM -
it seems too cluttered - and we *really* need better colors.

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_BUSINESS-HOME.php

Suggestions *please*.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Nicolaas Hawkins

Next to eating it's may fav. pastime. Combine the two (eat and then
sleep) and I'm in heaven. Get the feeling I ain't no fireball of energy?
hehe Too old for that!

Yup. Having passed my three score, I don't have an awful lot left to
prove.

Nicolaas.

.... Originality is the art of concealing your sources.

Nicolaas Hawkins

Ahhh. Thought I was losing it. Could have swore I uploaded it this morning.
But since it was around 4:30am thought maybe I just dreamed it lol

Never mind .... there are times when I wonder not only whether I'm losing
it, but also whether in fact I ever bloody had it to start with, or just
imagined I did! :))

Nicolaas.

.... If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is
it considered a hostage situation?