prediction: vista will be attacked like no other OS in history

Synapse Syndrome

Red nosed reindeer said:
and that because of its mass and complexity [Vista is] more venerable than
xp.

LOL. It hasn't even come out yet, and you are already talking like this?
But I agree, in the future Vista will be deemed more 'venerable' than XP.

ss.

Jetze Mellema \(MS MVP\)

Synapse Syndrome said:
LOL. It hasn't even come out yet, and you are already talking like this?
But I agree, in the future Vista will be deemed more 'venerable' than XP.

Actually is has come out...

Troy McClure

fyi... not using a capital letter does not constitute being spelled
incorrectly. so youre wanna-be-cool use of "sic" is wrong to begin with...
dumbass. if you want to see the proper use of "sic" look at how you spelled
Ms. Spears' first name, dumbass!

hope you dont do your own book keeping, dumbass.

LOL

Alias said:
Troy said:
LOL. a [sic] true dumbass

Charming. Did you learn manners from your mommy?
you [sic] "own your own business" huh? [sic] as [sic] opposed to what,
owning [sic] someone elses [sic] business?

No, as opposed to working for someone else, of course!
LOL... dumbass

Projecting will get you nowhere.

Alias
Alias said:
Troy McClure wrote:
youre [sic] not broke... cough it up tough guy.

Not interested.

get [sic] back to me in 6 months... when i [sic] guarantee your new
linux fetish will be gone (just wait until you see all the things you
really CANT do)

Like what?

and youre [sic] running vista [sic]

Never happen.

as [sic] for me, ive [sic] never paid for an os in my life... dont
[sic] imagine i [sic] ever will either. i [sic] recommend everyone get
a job with a global Fortune 500 company.... the perks are wonderful

:)

Well ain't you the best thing since Brittany Spears? A "global fortune
500 company hires people like you that can't capitalize words that need
to be capitalized? I own my own business. Maybe when you grow up and get
some maturity and fortitude, you will too, although I doubt it.

Alias

Troy McClure swaggered in and superciliously wrote:

a purported activation crack is hardly a colossal attack like no
other in history.

It's just the beginning as you well know.

LOL.. i find it hysterical all the people that have very obviously
nothing nice to ever say about MS or their operating systems... they
all could have done it better, they all saw this coming... yet youre
broke

Um, I am not broke.

and MS is one of the richest corporations on the planet.

So's the mob, Arms Dealers and Hugo Chavez.

apparently
theyre doing something right.

Ripping off customers is "right"?

and while youre "learning" Ubuntu (a particularly pathetic version of
Linux)

Your opinion and not one I share.

i guarantee youre typing these
messages from a Windows OS.

So? I like XP and, like I said, I am *learning* Ubuntu, which, by the
way, does everything I can do with XP, even watch Windows Media Player
videos on news web sites. And, I might add, MUCH easier to install.

If it weren't for the obvious disdain that MS has towards it's paying
customers, of which I have been one since 92, I would be looking
forward to Vista instead of learning Ubuntu. The
you-are-a-thief-until-you-prove-differently was the last straw.

After I learn Ubuntu, and if I find another Linux that I like better,
it won't cost me a kidney and a liver to buy it.

Alias

Troy McClure wrote:
and you base this on.... what? to make a statement like that i can
only assume your hacking genius has unearthed several major
security issues? please share them with us

Sure:

And that's just the beginning. A new crack is out to bypass the
smarmy product activation nonsense as well. Of course, MS believes
that paying customers should participate in their cat and mouse game
with exploiters and crackers. I don't and, as a result, I am
learning Ubuntu.

Alias

"Red nosed reindeer" <-> wrote in message
I can see it now... a few weeks after its release to the stores...

the hackers will launch a colossal attack like no other in
history.

Just to show to the world that vista is not really secure, its
only MS sales hype,
and that because of its mass and complexity its more venerable
than xp.

So for those of you that still have a dual boot with XP, my advice
is NOT
to remove it for a long time.. or you may face downtime of several
days

Alias

Troy said:
fyi... not using a capital letter does not constitute being spelled
incorrectly. so youre wanna-be-cool use of "sic" is wrong to begin
with... dumbass. if you want to see the proper use of "sic" look at how
you spelled Ms. Spears' first name, dumbass!

Gosh, one mistake. You make mistakes on purpose cause it's "kewl".
hope you dont do your own book keeping, dumbass.

LOL

When the fanbois are out of ammo, all they have left are insults.

Alias

Troy McClure wrote:
[...]

Justin

"prediction: vista will be attacked like no other OS in history"

Well, this has to be the biggest "no shit" statement I've heard in a long
time. Of course it will! All major, substantial and large market share OSs
get targeted for attack. By making this claim you disprove much of what
you've said in this NG about Vista failing. No one cares enough about a
dead OS to hack it. What would be the point? The fact that you think this
only proves that you do in fact believe that Vista will be a huge success
and there will be a HUGE market share for Vista. Thus people attack it and
odds of obtaining sensitive information is high.

But it wont happen right away. People will circumvent it's anti-piracy
measures but that's hardly concidered compramising the OSs security. It's
nothing more then a means to get the OS for free. By doing as such no one
will gain access to anyone elses sensitive data.

You stated your OPINION and I stated mine. Done deal.

Troy McClure

yes.. fanbois... LOL

dumbass

Troy McClure wrote:
[...]

Nina DiBoy

Troy said:
a purported activation crack is hardly a colossal attack like no other
in history.
LOL.. i find it hysterical all the people that have very obviously
nothing nice to ever say about MS or their operating systems... they all
could have done it better, they all saw this coming... yet youre broke
and MS is one of the richest corporations on the planet. apparently
theyre doing something right. and while youre "learning" Ubuntu (a
particularly pathetic version of Linux) i guarantee youre typing these
messages from a Windows OS.

Yeah, cuz what's going on in China with the KMS servers is not making
alot of pirate copies available and authorized. Besides, what makes you
think people want to listen to a bigotted homophobe like yourself?

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Nina DiBoy

Troy said:
youre not broke... cough it up tough guy.
get back to me in 6 months... when i guarantee your new linux fetish
will be gone (just wait until you see all the things you really CANT do)
and youre running vista

as for me, ive never paid for an os in my life... dont imagine i ever
will either. i recommend everyone get a job with a global Fortune 500
company.... the perks are wonderful

:)

Yeah, I've noticed all those things you can't do, like run an expensive
media centre setup chocked full of DRM which takes away your fair use
rights and ability to control the media centre. (MythTV vs. Vista Media
Centre)

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Troy McClure

as far as drm, its really something the record companies pushed and pushed.
from a business standpoint, can you blame them? and from the standpoint of
MS, can you blame THEM? again... its business. and you would do the same
thing if it was your call. if not, your company wouldnt be where MS is
today. get over it folks

Roscoe

If Red and Alias prove to be correct, I'm sure you will admit that you are
the dumbass, right?

Troy McClure said:
yes.. fanbois... LOL

dumbass

Troy McClure wrote:
[...]

xfile

as for me, ive never paid for an os in my life... dont imagine i ever will
either. i recommend everyone get a job with a global Fortune 500
company.... the perks are wonderful

Does that mean you don't have any personal systems at home or you just used
the company's OS for personal systems?

Do you ever buy toilet papers, pencils, cafe...?

Maybe pirates don't hurt a company as bad as a stealing employee, but I'm
not sure if you're one of them. But your attitude seems to be one.

Dale

It is amazing how many admitted thieves post in these groups.

All of those who complain about the burden of DRM and activation or complain
about rising costs for Microsoft Windows versions, just remember that it is
tolerance of thievery that led to those conditions you don't like. Just
because a product can be stolen privately in your home does not make that
theft any less a theft. Get up in arms people. Or quit complaining.

Thanks, xfile, for doing the right thing here.

Dale

Lang Murphy

This guy smells vaguely familiar... just like another egomaniacal malcontent
that spewed anti-MS screeds... jes' changed his handle, methinks.

Lang

Lucvdv

Alias said:
Lucvdv's definition of a troll:

Critic of anything Microsoft.

No, I can be critical of them myself, every now and then.

My definition of a troll: someone who willingly posts a message that
he knows in advance will start a looong, contentless debate (flame
wars are the preferred outcome).

Usually they just post the first message and let the thread roll its
course, while laughing at those idiots who fall for it all the time.

Richard Urban

Well, he is posting via Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (Windows/20061207).

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner: