Newsgroups posting

Joe

I just installed Vista on my other computer. I can not post to newsgroups
from it. I Can read newsgroups fine. I get this error every time.

Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'dddfgg', Account:
'newsgroups.bellsouth.net', Server: 'newsgroups.bellsouth.net', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)', Port:
119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I can post fine from this computer which is XP. I have checked every setting
10 times and they are the same on both computers. What gives

Joe

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Joe said:
I just installed Vista on my other computer. I can not post to newsgroups
from it. I Can read newsgroups fine. I get this error every time.

Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'dddfgg', Account:
'newsgroups.bellsouth.net', Server: 'newsgroups.bellsouth.net', Protocol:
NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting Failed (Rejected by POST filter)',
Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

I can post fine from this computer which is XP. I have checked every
setting 10 times and they are the same on both computers. What gives

That message is a response from the news server. Look on the Bellsouth Web
pages for how to configure the news server.

Did you try exporting that account from OE as an IAF file and importing that
into WinMail?