New rig

Reaction score
well innovation aint it. Unless you are rich it's not easy to be right on top of technology.

You should take some pictures, are you also changing cases?

Reaction score
I guess ;)

No way! I love the antec 900 hehe so blue :p

Shame you can't really see the inside of it due to my desk set up, but once i have everything done, speakers, desk tidy etc, i'll take a picture sure :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sure the machine is fast, but if you want the play games at thier best... why not wait for 'next gen' cards to come out instead of buying an 8 month old card :p

Reaction score
Well i've done my research and such and alot of people arn't buying the new cards for a good while, they are sticking with the 8800's.

I simply won't have enouhg money by then, and i will just upgrade if needed too, that's the thing with my motherboard, i can't upgrade nothing really.

Also, how do i transfer music from this HDD to my new one?

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
stick it in your new machine as a slave and copy it all over to your new drive

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Alf said:
Sure the machine is fast, but if you want the play games at their best... why not wait for 'next gen' cards to come out instead of buying an 8 month old card :p
Waiting for 'the next best PC part = Never buying anything.

No one really knows when the new cards are going to out, or how good they will be, Nvidia have an NDA out so all that you read is purely speculation, nothing more. The only thing we know for sure is that the 9x00 will be PCI-E 2.0, and that the older Nforce4 boards may not be compatible as some/most are only PCI-E 1.0, Asus themselves said "pci-e 2.0 wont work on 1.0 version but will on 1.1 version". ;)

Look at it this way, NV have the lead in the market with the 8800GTX/Ultras, why would they release something better when they already own ATI?

We may see the 9x00 in feb/march at the earliest, but with ATI not planning any new 'top end' cards atm, NV just need to concentrate on drivers. ;)

Reaction score
I think i'd only save a few hundred anyways which doesn't bother me the slightest ;)

Thanks Me_2001 i'll ask Floppy to do that for me if he can hehe

Alot of new games are coming out in november so i can't wait! :)

Reaction score
Which Thermal Paste do i get btw?

Floppy isn't online and i'd like to order the parts tonight please!

I am going to use the Arctic 7 CPU cooler if that is any help?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah, and you can choose the day for delivery when you order if you wish.

As a general rule if you order before 4PM you'll get it next working day.

Reaction score
Yeah perfect timing for Floppy then on tuesday ;) As i am sure they will deliver before 10:30am since they are so good at service like last time!

Why can't every company be like that eh!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:

Yes, that's the one.

From the PM's we've been swapping I was going to visit Tuesday but if you order the parts on Saturday for Tuesday delivery, they may not arrive until 5pm Tuesday.

And as I was planning to arrive at 10.30am that really won't do will it? ;)

I don't wanna be wandering around Herts all day wiv bugger-all to do :D

As mentioned, Hard disk install/transfer of music is no problem, we'll transfer then probably format the disk for use as a slave afterwards. Or whatever.

Anyways, best arrange a new day of the week. As of right now I can actually make any day next week given a coupla days notice so the ball's in your court.

Reaction score
Overclockers have never let me down for late delivery! ;)

Herts is an "amazing" place haha I only need to transfer music btw, then i'll sell the old pc to a college friend, so he'll need the HDD ;)

If not tuesday, then wednesday? I have work at 4, so will be leaving at 3, but i'm sure you'll be done by then? :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Personally i always get my delivery before 9am, but i only live down the road from the depot. Driver said i was one of the first on the list! :D
My best from OCUK was something like 16 and a bit hours from order placed to goods in hand.
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
That place overclockers is in Stoke I think
could be about 150 miles away from Herts

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I must admit most of my OCUK stuff arrives before noon but I have had deliveries mid afternoon.

I honestly don't want to take the chance though. Us old farts are very practical minded :D

Yes, Wednesday's ok, I'll get there for about 10am and should be done easily before 3pm (I hope, lol ;) )

As for Herts, I have a mate who lives in St Albans, I've done quite a few wedding Discos round there including two in Tring, and have worked a lot at a place named Ashridge College which is just up the road from Berkhamstead.

Oh, and I've visited Hemel Hempsted as well :eek:

And worked at a Management training college in Hitchin, come to think of it, lots of re-wiring there.

And, and..... ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
That place overclockers is in Stoke I think
could be about 150 miles away from Herts

V_R lives a short distance from the delivery company's depot, not the Overclocker's warehouse... ;)

Reaction score
I've yet to have one past mid day ;)

Well, wednesday it is :)

Good old hertfordshire lol even though it is incredibly lame.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
all of my orders from them seem to bloody come between 7.30 and 8am !!

Ask a Question