New rig

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Frags! That'll do nicely :D

Aye, the sensitivity does take some getting used to and I guess it's all down to whatever we individually prefer, really.

For myself, the G7 was the best gaming mouse ever, it's a shame Logitech had so many problems with it and stopped making it :(

I'm still using mine but I've already repaired it once so I expect it's just a matter of time...

The G5 is much the same, only difference is it has a cord.

I think when my G7 eventually packs up I'll treat myself to the G9.

I've actually got two MX1000's, on machines 3 & 4, I think they're an excellent mouse, it's just that I think other models are better when it comes to gaming.

But as I mentioned - personal preference :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
May I recommend This fan?

A Noctua 120mm.

It's really well built, runs silent and pushes a good amount of air, In have one in the side window of my Antec 900 case blowing onto my GTS8800 640Mb and it does a really good job.

I think, V_R, you may have started a craze when you bought that 900 case, everybody's getting one ;)

But after almost three years of suffering five noisy 80mm fans in my Lian Li PC61 case, this is bliss, it looks great and it's quiet and temperatures are, well, let's have a look right now, crunching with a dualie... hmm, let's 'ave a look

CPU: 41C

Mobo: 35C

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
what was the problem with the G7?

Just spotted this.

The scroll wheel played up, basically, touching it gave random commands and the mouse took on a life of it's own.

Mine displayed those symptoms but I opened it up (which was a task in itself) and found two hairs, each about an inch long, wrapped round the scroll wheel's centre spindle.

I removed those and cleaned up all moving parts with isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds and it's been mostly fine since, though it does have a little hiccup every now and then where it locks into a 'move screen around' mode, which is what makes me think it ain't gonna last forever.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good choice, worth it imo. :)

However, you will not be able to run Crysis maxed on the latest hardware, no one will. Its been designed so that current hardware will not be capable of doing so, This is done so it will still look awesome in three years time. When it's out you try running at ultra settings, it will bring your pc to its knees! Will have to wait until 8 core cpus and nvidia *Insert fictional gpu name here* arrives. ;)

But that rig will run it sweet. Crytek are developing it on the E6600 and 8800GTX.
nod.gif

So have you got the go ahead yet?

Reaction score
Yeah thought about it and 50pounds is nothing if it means it will look better at a higher resolution.

I guess so, but reading alot Cervil (or whatever his name is) said it will look good on high with a 8800GTS so all is good.

This week maybe pushing it, as i've only really gave it to my mum on what i intend to buy, she seems to be intresting in all my computer upgrading as it keeps my quiet!

Hopefully this week, if not, probably the week after, in which case i hope Floppy is free!

It's mainly about my dad, he is a tight arse, and i mean tight lol

The clenching quote i used for my mum was "The way i see it is that 900pounds in an investment for atleast 3 years, surely that is good! And technically i didn't get a present for christmas last year (xbox came faulty and we havn't got a new one yet)" Bribing, oh i do love it!

Oh and also, i will tell her tonight that two deals are on the parts that i want this week only, so saving her 20-30pounds, might do the trick.

Just remembered i missed out a DVD Drive lol ;) I've taken out the Thermal cooler for the CPU for the GTX card version, and will just buy this later on me thinks, so the bill doesn't look extreme!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Final final rig!!!

Will order some more parts later on(keyboard etc the un needed stuff lol)

So my question is floppy, this week is short notice i bet, so would you be free next week by any chance mate?

Oh btw, does Vista support Netgear? :blush:

All my stuff is compatable i hope ;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-093-CL&tool=3 can't decide really
on the speakers either :(

Always forgetting this! http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD-089-SA&groupid=701&catid=10&subcat=114

Do i need this or DVD-RW SATA?

Attachments

• Woot!.JPG
    Woot!.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
all looks good, just wondering what the fan is for ? do you need another one for your case ? surely it has enough?

Reaction score
V_R and Floppy said to get another one? :blush:

Can't remember what for though now lol get them to tell you ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I said get another fan as you originally had the Thermalright ultra 120 which dont come with one, now you changed it to the AF 7 you can loose the fan if you wish. Or you could put it on the side panel blowing over the gfx card. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
So my question is floppy, this week is short notice i bet, so would you be free next week by any chance mate?

As it happens, I've been busy since late June until the Sunday just gone.

But right now, apart from four pre-paid maintenance calls, I have no work at all.

Which, for me, is bad news, but it goes that way sometimes, time to get some more flyers in the post.

So, in answer to your question, yes, I can probably get there quite easily next week.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
that drive will be fine although i'm not sure if you'll be able to use that for installing windows as its SATA ? just a thought

Reaction score
Awesome news for me, sorry to hear on your behalf though :(

Well, the best day for me would be Tuesday next week, how does that do?

If not i can do Wednesday (Would have to be from around 9am-2pm as i have work at 4)

Or friday but the same as above.

Ordering the gear tomorrow shown below (I had two opitcal drives with my old PC, will that one do both?)

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hell yeah i am!

Waited very long for this! And it's pretty cheap!

Only to be, in a few months, crying over the new hardware ;) ha oh well.

Ask a Question