Windows XP "IEXPLORE.EXE" Error

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Another newbi here requesting some help. I am get'n these error msg's. (When installing ie7) "iesetup.exe-Ordinal Not Found,Ordinal 39 could'nt be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll" and (Open'n ie7 browser) "iexplore.exe-Entry Point Not Found,The procedure entry point Internet get Security Info By URLW could'nt be located in the dynamic link library WININET.dll". Could these Registry Keys accidently been deleted n if so is it possible to repair/reinsall them without hav'n to reinstall Windows XP/SP2??? I've also been unable to search these keys in the Registry-"IECUSTOM:Key is still unwritable" and "Archive File For Uninstall:Archive Single File Cancelled" Wil runn'n the "EIFIX Utility" repair/reinstall these keys or am I Pooched? I would "Greatly" appreciate any suggestions regarding this internal error! Sincerely, Wrangler...

Reaction score
Not an expert in anything mate but you can try this and see if it solves the problem

Start/Run

chkdsk /f

it will ask to run during a restart, let it

if it finds errors it should correct them (maybe)

if not give us a shout again ;)

I take for granted your using XP? Any other information mite help us aswell

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, iesetup.exe could be a nastie added by an unidentified TROJAN! of the Sdbot family. Check if you have \System32\iis\ folder, if you have, you have a nastie.

The "real" IE7 can be found at ...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en

This download is for Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 only. To download Internet Explorer 7 for other supported versions of Microsoft Windows, see ... the link above.

:user:

Ask a Question