history delete

anon

i have a problem i have posted three times before, and
got three different solutions to try. i tried them all
and now i am here for anything that anyone else can help
me with. when i click on the history icon in IE, it
comes up with the date and no web sites because i cleared
the history. However, if i search in that same window, i
find internet shortcuts. I have tried deleting it under
the control panel applet, i have deleted the whole
history folder in safe mode command prompt, i have logged
off and on, i have given it a day and set my history at
zero, i have searched for them everywhere. How do i get
rid of them????!!!

DVarnau

Which OS? Which version of Windows? Which method did you use to delete the
History folder?

Don

anon

Windows XP, deleted it in safemode command prompt under
administrator

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org
"anon" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
i have a problem i have posted three times before, and
got three different solutions to try. i tried them all
and now i am here for anything that anyone else can help
me with. when i click on the history icon in IE, it
comes up with the date and no web sites because i cleared
the history. However, if i search in that same window, i
find internet shortcuts. I have tried deleting it under
the control panel applet, i have deleted the whole
history folder in safe mode command prompt, i have logged
off and on, i have given it a day and set my history at
zero, i have searched for them everywhere. How do i get
rid of them????!!!

.

DVarnau

A few more possibilities...
Did you delete the proper History folder? Each user would have one.

The ActiveX filter feature of McAfee AV interferes with proper operation of
the History folder. Disable it.

Another program may be locking the History folder.
http://www.purgeie.com/lockhist.htm

Don