GMail is going to ruin this group.

John Corliss

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about usenet
spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

--
Regards from John Corliss
My current killfile: aafuss, Chrissy Cruiser, Slowhand Hussein and others.

Ray

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about
usenet spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

I use this in my score file.

Score:: -9999

Rob Kelk

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about usenet
spamming.

I don't see any spam here when I read the group through my
news.individual.net account.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

Switch to a news ISP that filters out spam, and tell your old ISP why
you're leaving.

me

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group
from GMail accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to
complaints about usenet spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

I use this in my score file.

Score:: -9999

Ditto, and some filter for 'Subject:', too (I happen to be
testing filters - OW I'd not see this thread).

Phluge

Likewise, I am not getting any spam here on my citlink.net news account
(frontiernet)

Pflu

Daze N. Knights

Rob said:
I don't see any spam here when I read the group through my
news.individual.net account.

Switch to a news ISP that filters out spam, and tell your old ISP why
you're leaving.

No spam to speak of here using news.readfreenews.net, either.

Daze N. Knights

Rob said:
I don't see any spam here when I read the group through my
news.individual.net account.

Switch to a news ISP that filters out spam, and tell your old ISP why
you're leaving.

No spam to speak of here using news.readfreenews.net, either. The only
one I've seen during the last two weeks, in fact, was from a Donald Bock
(yes, gmail) advertising (ironically) a $35 anti-spam application. One
spam post to a busy group during a two week hardly seems suggestive that
"Gmail is going to ruin this group."

Arne Anka

I alt.comp.freeware, sa Ray utan att tänka först:
I use this in my score file.

Score:: -9999

Well, I use

Score:: -9999

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> John Corliss
I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about usenet
spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

First, you need to understand the problem: It has nothing to do with
Gmail. Rather, it's Google Groups that is the issue.

Vic Dura

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about usenet
spamming.

I haven't notice much spam. Maybe 2 or 3 a week. I get much more email
malware than that in a day. This NG is pristine compared to my email.

Mike Dee

I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about
usenet spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

John, meet Blinky:
<http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html>

Google at this point in time is not listening to anyone who doesn't
like the way they do Google news :(

The traditional KF and nasty letters are about all that has any short
term relief.

heldmar

I read this newsgroup everyday and I haven't noticed spam in it, except
for 2 or 3 messages in a month which I found not so bugging because I
just ignore them.

John Corliss

Ray said:
John said:
I notice more and more spam being posted to this group from GMail
accounts. Google is totally non-responsive to complaints about
usenet spamming.

Any (non-troll) suggestions for dealing with this problem?

I use this in my score file.

Score:: -9999

Makes me almost consider using XNews too! 80)>

--

Rob said:
I don't see any spam here when I read the group through my
news.individual.net account.

Switch to a news ISP that filters out spam, and tell your old ISP why
you're leaving.

I wish I could, Bob. However, I can't afford to pay for another newsfeed
than the one I get through my ISP, and I really have good reasons for
sticking with my current ISP.

--

DevilsPGD said:
In message <[email protected]> John Corliss

First, you need to understand the problem: It has nothing to do with
Gmail. Rather, it's Google Groups that is the issue.

Thanks for pointing that out. So does GMAIL have a good TOS?

--

Mike said:
John, meet Blinky:
<http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html>

Google at this point in time is not listening to anyone who doesn't
like the way they do Google news :(

The traditional KF and nasty letters are about all that has any short
term relief.

Blinky? Is that you????

--
Regards from John Corliss
My current killfile: aafuss, Chrissy Cruiser, Slowhand Hussein and others.
No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez please.

John Corliss

Mike said:
AFAIK he doesn't hang out in here :)

Sorry Mike. You're right. He gave up on this group when he moved to
Linux and got tired of the trolls. We used to correspond via email. He's
a really good guy.

--
Regards from John Corliss
My current killfile: aafuss, Chrissy Cruiser, Slowhand Hussein and others.
No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware, demoware, nagware,
PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited software, trialware,
viruses or warez please.

cu

Sorry Mike. You're right. He gave up on this group when he moved to
Linux and got tired of the trolls. We used to correspond via email. He's
a really good guy.
John, he does use 24hoursupport.helpdesk quite often.
Hope this helps,
Allen