Freaking out...Can Receive Emails, but can't send

jultott

I use Microsoft Live Mail and all of a sudden I can't send emails...I have
checked all settings and everything is corrrect! PLEASE HELP!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You're not going to get much help with the limited information you've given.

Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on your
error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much
troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jultott" wrote in message
I use Microsoft Live Mail and all of a sudden I can't send emails...I have
checked all settings and everything is corrrect! PLEASE HELP!

Bruce Hagen

There is no Microsoft Live Mail. Do you have Windows Mail that came with
Vista, or Windows Live Mail that you downloaded?

What happens when you try to send? Please post the error message in its
entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to
copy and then paste it into this thread.

Dave

any error message?
if so, please post it here.
right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply.

Dario

Same problem, all settings are ok.
this is the error message but in italian

Il server ha interrotto la connessione in modo inatteso. Ciò potrebbe essere
dovuto a problemi relativi al server o alla rete oppure a un lungo periodo di
inattività. Oggetto 'Re: Appartamenti Ricci - Richiesta informazioni da
Elbaworld', Account: 'mail.vacanzericci.it', Server: 'out.alice.it',
Protocollo: SMTP, Porta: 25, Protezione (SSL): No, Errore socket: 10053,
Numero di errore: 0x800CCC0F

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here: