EssentialPIM PRO Free Halloween/pre-Halloween giveaway!

Kittie Spit

Free EssentialPIM PRO giveaway! This is *not* the freeware version.

*** NOTE: 12 hour window to download -- be sure to read carefully for
time zone conversions & take daylight savings into account, if needed.

It's happenining on Halloween, Monday Oct 31, or the day *BEFORE*
depending on your time zone & daylight savings. A 12-hour window to d/l
the PRO vers and get a free license registered to yourself! See note
below:

Includes free upgrades for one year, or until vers 2.99 comes out.

Below is from the EssentialPIM newsletter. It applies to the Shareware
version, not the always-has-been freeware version. Freeware version is
way cool, but if you head over there on Halloween, Monday, Oct 31,
"between 12:00 AM (UTC) and finish at 12:00 PM (UTC)," it's yours for
free! Details below. [UTC =GMT]

*Again **REMEMBER** time given is UTC/GMT and Sun. Oct 30 is daylight
sayvings for some. Here's a site to calculate UTC to your time:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/zones.html

Remember, too, that UTC/GMT stays the same year-round. No daylight
savings or whatever.

For example, here in California, PST, that'd make it Oct 30, Sunday,
4pm - Monday Oct 31, 4AM. Not sure though if that's figuring in
Daylight Savings Time, though.

Anyway, this from the current newsletter:

" Good news everyone! With every day, EssentialPIM is becoming more and
more popular. We have decided to give out free licenses for
EssentialPIM Pro for everyone, who comes to our homepage
(www.essentialpim.com) on 31st of October, the Halloween Day.

"That's right; every visitor will get a copy of fully-licensed (to your
name!) EssentialPIM Pro and free upgrades for 1 year or until the 2.99
version of EssentialPIM Pro, whichever is longer. Both desktop and
portable (ready to run from flash USB drive) editions will be at your
disposal to choose.

"We start on Monday, October 31, 2005 12:00 AM (UTC) and finish at
12:00 PM (UTC) the same day. Do not get late and get yourself a hit
PIM!

"Best regards,
"Victor
"EssentialPIM Team"

http://www.essentialpim.com/

-------
Remember to download the PRO version for the limited free registration.
Get the freeware version while you're at it, too.
See you there!

Kittie Spit

rednax

Kittie Spit said:
Free EssentialPIM PRO giveaway! This is *not* the freeware version.

*** NOTE: 12 hour window to download -- be sure to read carefully for
time zone conversions & take daylight savings into account, if needed.

It's happenining on Halloween, Monday Oct 31, or the day *BEFORE*
depending on your time zone & daylight savings. A 12-hour window to d/l
the PRO vers and get a free license registered to yourself! See note
below:

Includes free upgrades for one year, or until vers 2.99 comes out.

That's all very well and a tremendous special offer, no doubt.
However, suppose I use the $ware version for a year and then want to
i.e. can I use the PRO data files with the freeware version?
BTW, the freeware version is a great piece of software.

rednax

Maxim

Hello!

the license is valid till 1 year or 2.99 version, whatever is LONGER!
Thus it may well be that 2 year will pass before 3.0 version comes out.
And, yes, database formats of Pro and Free version are made as
compatible as possible, but, for example, hierachical to-dos in Pro
database will turn to just flat to-do's, if opened in Free version (and
again will become hierachical if opened in Pro).
Contacts assigned to Groups will turn to ungrouped contacts in Free
version.
So, generally, no significant loss of data will happen, except logical
changes.
In addition, we may decide to add group feature in Free version as
well, then no any loss to happen.

I must this is an open and frank offer of free licenses, no strings
attached.
That's all very well and a tremendous special offer, no doubt.
However, suppose I use the $ware version for a year and then want to
i.e. can I use the PRO data files with the freeware version?
BTW, the freeware version is a great piece of software.

rednax

Best regards,
Max
EPIM Team

perro

Great opportunity. I have been using the portable free version for six
months and it is a great PIM. The best in my opinion. Give it a try and
you will see why. I use multiple computers and this little program
allows me to keep all my contacts, notes and schedule in one place in a
USB stick.

I am looking forward to Oct 31. The free version is

Thanks EssentialPIM team!

cdubea

perro said:
Great opportunity. I have been using the portable free version for six
months and it is a great PIM. The best in my opinion. Give it a try and
you will see why. I use multiple computers and this little program
allows me to keep all my contacts, notes and schedule in one place in a
USB stick.

I am looking forward to Oct 31. The free version is

Thanks EssentialPIM team!

Assuming that they actually send the license. The page indicates that
it might take 48hours. It's been 2 1/2 hours for me with no response.

Has anyone received theirs?

H'mmmm

Chris

Ninou

Le 31 Oct 2005 07:29:46 -0800, (e-mail address removed) a écrit:
Assuming that they actually send the license. The page indicates that
it might take 48hours. It's been 2 1/2 hours for me with no response.

Has anyone received theirs?

H'mmmm

Chris
I have received mine too.

Jan

Assuming that they actually send the license. The page indicates that
it might take 48hours. It's been 2 1/2 hours for me with no response.

Has anyone received theirs?

H'mmmm

Chris
5 hours and still waiting for mine

Vic Dura

Assuming that they actually send the license. The page indicates that
it might take 48hours. It's been 2 1/2 hours for me with no response.

Has anyone received theirs?

Not yet received.

Norman Cohen

Assuming that they actually send the license. The page indicates that
it might take 48hours. It's been 2 1/2 hours for me with no response.

Has anyone received theirs?

H'mmmm

Chris
Chris: I don't understand the steps one has to undertake in order to
get the free license. I went to the site, today, the 31st at about 5:00
PM pacific standard time. I was able to download the file but I was
unable to figure out how one acquired the license. Can you tell me, PDQ
(pretty damn quick) or ASAP (as soon as possible) how one requests the
license?

(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

Lennart

Op Tue, 01 Nov 2005 04:15:11 GMT schreef Jan:
It is now 8:14 p.m. and still not received. I sent registration early
this morning.

Me to ... still waiting ...

cdubea

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning. There was a button
near the image in the upper right hand corner you would click on. It
would bring you to this page:
http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=free_registration (which today just
brings you to the title page) and you had to fill out a form providing
an e-mail address.

It's been 24 hours and I've still not received a reply so this might
have all been a big scam to harvest e-mail addresses. I used my
spamgourmet address and tested it this morning so it's functional.

We shall see.

FTR

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning. There was a button
near the image in the upper right hand corner you would click on. It
would bring you to this page:
http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=free_registration (which today just
brings you to the title page) and you had to fill out a form providing
an e-mail address.

It's been 24 hours and I've still not received a reply so this might
have all been a big scam to harvest e-mail addresses. I used my
spamgourmet address and tested it this morning so it's functional.

We shall see.
No, this is probably just a standard marketing trick: you het something
for free but only for the next 12 hrs. So, hurry up ? No question if you
need it, if you don't have another program thats does the same job.
Hurry up, and you"re be HAPPY.

Now, do you really need this PIM ? Or how many other PIMs do you already
have ?

Frank

Vic Dura

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning. There was a button
near the image in the upper right hand corner you would click on. It
would bring you to this page:
http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=free_registration (which today just
brings you to the title page) and you had to fill out a form providing
an e-mail address.

It's been 24 hours and I've still not received a reply so this might
have all been a big scam to harvest e-mail addresses. I used my
spamgourmet address and tested it this morning so it's functional.

We shall see.

My guess is that they are severely support-challenged. I went to their
newsletter site

and was not able to accomplish a single task of the several I tried,
e.g. change password, etc. I then sent a standard "help" request to
their email listserver

(e-mail address removed)

3 hours ago and still have not received a repose which usually takes
less than 1/2 at all other list-servers that I have dealt with. The
response is supposed to be automated. At least it has always been so
at all other list-servers I've seen..

EssentialPIM/Free is a nice piece of freeware that I rate 4/5; but so
far on automated-support I give them a 1/5.

FTR

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning. There was a button
near the image in the upper right hand corner you would click on. It
would bring you to this page:
http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=free_registration (which today just
brings you to the title page) and you had to fill out a form providing
an e-mail address.

It's been 24 hours and I've still not received a reply so this might
have all been a big scam to harvest e-mail addresses. I used my
spamgourmet address and tested it this morning so it's functional.

We shall see.

They say on their website at 01 Nov 2005, 15:46 GMT :

Halloween Offer Ended!

We would like to extend our gratitude to everyone who took part in
Halloween give-away. Over 14,000 licenses have been requested- which is
well above we expected. Due to this, it might take up to 5 days for us
to send out the licenses. We are now starting the process, please be
patient.

Requests for licenses to non-existing names and multiple requests will
be ignored.

Thank you in advance for patience!

Best regards,
Your, EPIM Team.

This is a special way top calculate

Whirled Peas

Sorry I didn't see your message until this morning. There was a button
near the image in the upper right hand corner you would click on. It
would bring you to this page:
http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=free_registration (which today just
brings you to the title page) and you had to fill out a form providing
an e-mail address.

It's been 24 hours and I've still not received a reply so this might
have all been a big scam to harvest e-mail addresses. I used my
spamgourmet address and tested it this morning so it's functional.

We shall see.

Woohoo! Got my code! (at 3:00 PM EST.)

JoeA

Got mine. I picked the portable version even though I don't have a USB
drive yet. It should run on both I think.

Ron May

Message-ID said:
Woohoo! Got my code! (at 3:00 PM EST.)

Got mine (at 3:53 CST)

With 14,000 key requests and filtering for multiple requests from the
same IP, it may take a while.

Vic Dura

Got mine. I picked the portable version even though I don't have a USB
drive yet. It should run on both I think.

Received mine today, but I'm going to stick with their freeware
portable version (rather than use the free key for the Pro portable
version). It has all that I want.