Free Cross Over offer only on the 31st Oct

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
TOPIC: CrossOver Announcements
SUBJECT: CrossOver for free on Wednesday, October 31
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Folks,

I am happy to announce that we will be providing a copy of CrossOver for free to all comers this Halloween, Wednesday, October 31, from 00:00 until 23:59 pm, Central Daylight Time. That's the treat - we hope you enjoy it, and we hope you spread the word to all your friends so they, too, can enjoy CrossOver goodness. The expected 'trick' is that if you're a US citizen, you should go vote next Tuesday.

You can read more about it in our press release here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20121029/

and you can see our internal staff reaction to the news here:

Existing customers will get a free 12 month extension added to their entitlement, so they can enjoy CrossOver for 12 further months.

To sign up for your free copy or free 12 month extension, simply visit this web page:
http://flock.codeweavers.com
any time on October 31, 2012, from 00:00 until 23:59 CDT.

If you have questions about the details of this promotion, we have
a FAQ page here:
http://www.codeweavers.com/flockthevoteqa/

Now I've got to run, they've tracked my IP address to this coffee shop I'm hiding in... <grin>

Cheers,

Jeremy "Mallard" White

Sweet deal. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In response to your PM Abarb, reminding me about this, ok, I have registered.

However, I'm not too sure I want to run Windows apps within Linux, if I ever migrated completely to Linux it would seem pointless to me using Windows software. The only one I'd miss is Publisher and I can always keep a spare hard disk about with any of the three paid for versions of Windows I have on it to access Publisher files.

Also, the Crossover software is only 'free' for a year and they now have my e-mail address which probably means in 12 months I will be spammed. And it wouldn't surprise me if my spam increased, that happens sometimes when I give my e-mail address to third parties. Like Crossover.

We shall see ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I only get a few e-mails from Crossover a year.
Get your point about running Windows stuff on a penguin. Thought it might be useful for running a game or two. I often fancy a game when in penguin land but most of mine do not have a penguin version so I have to boot into Windows to play. I do have some good fun penguin games though.
There is a super dooper backgammon game that wastes loads of me time. :lol:

Ask a Question