Error when trying to perform manual scan

When I try to perform a manual scan (Start Scan button) using Windows
Defender Beta 2 I receive the following error:

Title Bar: Windows Defender:
Message Text: Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x80004003. Invalid
Pointer.

Thanks.

jlr

Hi
I had the exact same problem. I tried doing what was suggested in the
article below but to no help at all. It still says the same when I try to
perform a manual scan(on WD's suggestion) Invalid Pointer

cheers,
retro

The article doesn't apply. How I remedied the issue was to uninstall
Windows Defender and reinstall. Choosing the repair option didn't fix the
issue. After the product was uninstalled all is well.

I just want to be sure MS is aware of the issue so it is fixed before
product goes Gold.

Thanks for replies.

jlr

Donald Anadell

Hi jlr,

Group: microsoft.private.security.spyware.announcements
Subject: RE: 0x80004003 Invalid Pointer?
From: Joe Faulhaber [MSFT]
Date: 2-24-06
"Hi Donald,

I just verified our fix for this bug, though I'm afraid we won't be able to
get it to you until we ship our next update on the UI. Thanks for your
excellent report.

Regards,
Joe"

They are aware of the bug and it should be fixed when an update for
the UI "MSASCui.exe" comes along.

Donald Anadell