DVD Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey guys,

at the moment I'm using MAGIX Movie Edit Pro to edit some DV footage I've got from my mini-DV camera. That's all working just about fine. However, I'm also interested in editing footage from films I've got on DVD, not for resale etc... just for fun. I can try and go into the D: drive when I'm in MAGIX but the program keeps crashing when I try to look at the video that's on the disks. Maybe because even one section of a DVD is a huge amount of data.

I'm wondering whether there's any easy way to get this footage so I can edit it, play around with it etc... I'm thinking I should copy the DVD's to my hard-drive with some program, then it'd be a lot easier to use. If I really can't do it internally then I could just connect up a DVD player and record off it.

Anyone else who does this kinda stuff? Any ideas?

Also trying to copy from Region1 DVD's which will be a bit of a nightmare...

Hmmm...

Rufus

p.s I'm also wondering about saving video from websites, such as BBC news. They play it in a stream, any idea how you can get hold of it for your hard-drive?

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the only way i cant think of that will allow you to edit a DVD is to rip and convert it to an mpeg of similar quality, edit it then convert it back into a DVD and burn to a disk, thats alot of time waiting for things to convert though

one way possibility could be to use an S-video out on your DVD player if it has one and use a capture card with a built in mpeg encoder to do all the hard work of getting it onto your PC then its just a case of editing converting to DVD and burning to a disk

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a programme I could use to convert a DVD to MPEG?

I've just got hold of DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Shrink and a couple of other programs. That can rip a disc (any region - it takes off SCC etc) and you end up with VOB files (I don't know what they are but they play in Power DVD).

I think MAGIX can't take it because the files are too big - although each DVD is split into 5 pieces.

Rufus

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i dont know if i can post this so i'll PM you

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am afraid I will have to close this thread as we cannot allow discussions on ripping and copying of DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question