Driver for Boston Accoustics - For XP OS (was ME)

J

Julio Ferreira

This week I changed my original ME OS to XP Professional
and I lost my sound card driver for the sprakers and the
microphone. I cannot get Gateway to help, and my computer
is mute. I need to find the drivers for the sound system
which is "Boston Accoustics BA735 Digital Speakers with
subwoofer 7003544. Where can I find the drivers for these
speakers?
Thanks,
(e-mail address removed)
Julio Ferreira

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

You don't need drivers for a speaker....did you go to Gateway's website to
see what sound card was installed and do you know for a fact that there
exists a WinXP driver for that sound card?

D

David Candy

Q. I have upgraded to Windows XP and now have no sound from my Digital BA735 or BA7500G but the green power light is lit.
A. Since the introduction of Windows XP, we have been receiving e-mails from customers like you regarding the inoperability of their speakers. The Boston digital speakers do not directly require drivers to work but rather rely on the soundcard for processing. This is where the problem lies. If the speaker system was functioning properly before the system upgrade and both green lights are illuminated, there is likely nothing wrong with your speakers. You need to make sure that the soundcard is configured for digital output. If the soundcard is configured for digital or if your computer manufacturer has informed you that you need to upgrade drivers in the system, you will need to contact the manufacturer of your soundcard for these drivers. Below are links to both Creative Labs (SoundBlaster) and Gateway. There you will find new drivers that will allow your sound card to work with Windows XP. For instructions on how to perform the driver installation, please contact your soundcard or computer manufacturer.
Link to SoundBlaster's XP driver section.

Link to Gateway's driver download section.

Link to Gateway's SoundBlaster driver install instructions for XP

Ask a Question