Download Accelerator Plus installing

When I try to to install DAP 7, I have an error message : "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account." But there is one issue : I AM the administrator of this computer... What is the problem and how to solve this problem????

Paul [MSFT]

Regarding your post:

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?eHZpbG1h?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Download Accelerator Plus installing
| Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:01:05 -0800
|
| When I try to to install DAP 7, I have an error message : "You do not
have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please
rerun this installation from an administrators account." But there is one
issue : I AM the administrator of this computer... What is the problem and
how to solve this problem????

Dear poster,

There may be some compatibility issues, or perhaps some specific
configuration settings for Download Accelerator may need to be tweaked.
Your vendor, SpeedBit is the best reference for the settings needed.

Here is some additional information:

321796 Download Accelerator Plus May Cause an Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321796

318923 Dap.exe Causes an Error Message in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318923

Support Site for Download Accelerator Plus:

http://www.speedbit.com/Help/
http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/DefaultT.asp?#

DISCLAIMERS:
- Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find
technical support. This contact information may change without notice.
Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact
information.

- The third-party products that are discussed here are manufactured by
companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these
products.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE