    I never had it come up before,but now every time I go on the internet the Search companion comes up.I tried to just close the window but the next time I go on, it reappears.
    Thanks for any help on this.
    -al

    Guest, Oct 17, 2003

    siljaline Guest

    "al" <> wrote:
    > How do I disable the Search Companion when using the Internet Explorer 6.0?
    > I never had it come up before,but now every time I go on the internet the Search companion comes up.I tried to just close the window but the next time I go on, it reappears.
    > Thanks for any help on this.
    > -al

    Your search companion *may* have been hijacked by Spyware!

    Run the detection script on this page:
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/
    If no joy, run Lavasoft's Ad-aware from this link:
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    HTH and please post back with your findings.
    --

    siljaline MS MVP IE/OE

    (Please reply to group, as reply address is invalid, so that we can all benefit)

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    siljaline, Oct 17, 2003

    sucker's game
    >because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be

    indistinguishable from
    >-- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite

    amounts of free time."
    >- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_
    >

    >Hi,

    I tried to do what you suggested,but nothing worked.
    I don't think it's coming from spyware, I think it's
    coming from some sort of set-up thru Windows XP.The
    Search companion I get on the side of my brower is the
    same as my search screen when using Window Xp.When I go
    under View to Explorer bar and uncheck the "SEARCH" from
    the list(Media,Favorites,etc..)
    The search companion closes.However, when I log on to the
    internet again it returns.
    Thanks for your help,
    Al

    Guest, Oct 19, 2003