Cant Delete inbox mail

Mike,
I followed your instructions and was able to delete the 2 folders, but the
items in my deleted file remain, and are still unable to be deleted. Any
further advise?
Cindy

I did as yousaid andnow allmy inbox messeges are4 gone and i needed those i
had them saved theref or a reason now what?? How do I get them back

Gary VanderMolen

Turn your computer on and off a few times (using proper shutdown
procedure). Eventually Windows Mail should regenerate your old folders
with their messages. Before you do that, look around in the folder tree
because WinMail may have placed those inbox messages in a
"Restored" folder.

Incidentally, I no longer advocate this method of fixing WM,
because I believe in the long run you'd be better off switching
to the new Windows Live Mail.

Gary VanderMolen

This solution by Mike Burgess works: BUT I LOST ALL MY DATA on opening the
same 2nd time

Close Windows Mail
Click Start > Search > Advanced Search
Location = Everywhere
Place a check in "Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files"
Name = (type) WindowsMail.MSMessageStore

When completed, you should only see 2 instances
Highlight, right-click and select: Delete
Ok any prompts, close Search and restart WinMail

Mike Burgess

Why you are getting the message is because Wndows mail is having a moment,
well that works for me, how to get rid of the messages is easier to answer:-

1. Open Windows Mail
2. Go to the the Deleted items Folder.
3. Click once on any of the e-mails in that folder to highlight it.
4. Right click on the deleted folder Icon on the left of the page.
5. Click on "Empty 'Deleted Items' Folder"
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for each e-mail in that folder.

Yes this might prove to be a very longwinded process but it did work for me,
having done it once I have not had a problem since, (Pats self on the head)
Touch wood.

Cosmic Rhapsody

This solution didn't work. I was still unable to delete messages. I now
have two such messages and my computer is only 1 month old.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Sunrise said:
This solution didn't work. I was still unable to delete messages. I now
have two such messages and my computer is only 1 month old.

1. Turn off email scanning in your anti-virus. If you have Norton or
McAfee uninstall them.

2. Use Windows Explorer to delete the messages.

Tried this and 'no go Joe' HELP!
Chris N

Cosmic Rhapsody said:
Why you are getting the message is because Wndows mail is having a moment,
well that works for me, how to get rid of the messages is easier to answer:-

1. Open Windows Mail
2. Go to the the Deleted items Folder.
3. Click once on any of the e-mails in that folder to highlight it.
4. Right click on the deleted folder Icon on the left of the page.
5. Click on "Empty 'Deleted Items' Folder"
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for each e-mail in that folder.

Yes this might prove to be a very longwinded process but it did work for me,
having done it once I have not had a problem since, (Pats self on the head)
Touch wood.

Cosmic Rhapsody

Thanks! This worked for me, but FYI it removes all kept emails and folders
and puts them in a recovered messages folder.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Chris N said:
Tried this and 'no go Joe' HELP!
Chris N

If you are not willing to just ignore them, the only way is to delete both
copies of the database (which does not contain the messages, but only
references to them) and let WinMail rebuild it.
First close WinMail, then use Task Manager to make sure there are no
instances of it under applications or processes.
Then click Start | Search | Advanced Search
Check the box to include non-indexed, hidden and system files.
In the Name field type WindowsMail.MSMessageStore and click the Search
button.
It should show you two copies. Delete both of them and re-open WinMail.

Mine is doing the same thing. My items go to the delete folder but wont
empty after that. I cant find out anything or anyone who can help. Just 2
weeks old laptop and cant find any support to help resolve this issue.

This method is NOT working. I have 258 e-mails in my deleted folder to prove
it. Microsoft needs to fix this NOW! Dee

KristleBawl

The only way to get rid of the deleted messages stuck in the deleted folder
is to repeatedly Empty it, but it will only remove a few messages at a time.

Once you get it cleared of the damaged ones that are preventing it, it
should work normally again, but until you manually Empty it, over and over
again, it will continue.

KB

"Dee" wrote in message

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Dee said:
This method is NOT working. I have 258 e-mails in my deleted folder to
prove
it. Microsoft needs to fix this NOW! Dee

Microsoft is not going to fix it NOW!
Where doesn't it work?
You can't shut down WinMail in Task Manager?
You don't have two copies of WindowsMail.MSMessageStore?
You can't delete them?