zero kb

Reaction score
I have a Dell inspiron 2200 laptop..... running Windows Xp sp 2
AVG7 FREE ZONE ALARM Firewall. Spyhunter, adaware 2007, eusing free registry cleaner, Free Internet eraser. All of which report no objects of threat.

I wanted to open a file with MS PUBLISHER 98 which I have been using for eons.... with no problems. I usually open the file I require, by going to WIndows Explorer finding the file, and then double clicking it..... this normally opens the publisher program, and the file with no problem.... yesterday, I tried to open a file, and Publisher reported that it was unable to open the file.... I doublechecked it on the Explorer listing and it had a ZERO kb size.

I chose another file to open, double clicked it, and noticed that on the click, the file size changed to ZERO.

It was late, and I was tired, so I went to bed.....
Today I checked out WIndows Explorer, on my MS PUBLISHER FILES, and they were ALL ZERO KB LISTED...... THEY ALL HAD THE SAME "DATE MODIFIED" TIME OF 1747 20/09/2007.

I have checked the Events Log in the Administration section on CONTROL PANEL, and can find NO REPORTS FOR THAT TIME.... The event log shows activity at 1300, and at 1850 But nothing in between those times.

Can anyone suggest how I can sort out this problem. Can I run a program (which one?) to recover the files?

(fortunately 98% of the files are backed up on CD but the last couple of weeks are not....)

This is the second time I have written this out, so forgive me if the first post turns up as well....

Thanks

Skodadriver

Ask a Question