youview

D

Desmond

Hi I am a talktalk customer and I have been told that they can give me a youview box (£299 according to them for free), They are charging me £5 a month extra for this on an 18 month contract. The figures don't seem to addup here but ..

Do I need to use there box or could I buy one. It would work out cheaper inthe long run. I was understanding this has to be linked into the subscription and if I did not keep up the subscription it would stop working. However if I bought my own instead without the subscription would it work.

They said if I do not plug it in and use it for a long period then they mayclose this extra offer down and ask for the box back. Can they tell that Ihave one plugged in? If so I was thinking of buying a second box. Could I do that and would they see 2 boxes? Love to know this. I know it is not strictly a PC problem but it does connect to the router and the PC.

Desmond.

D

Desmond

Hi I am a talktalk customer and I have been told that they can give me a youview box (£299 according to them for free), They are charging me £5 a month extra for this on an 18 month contract. The figures don't seem to add up here but ..

Do I need to use there box or could I buy one. It would work out cheaper in the long run. I was understanding this has to be linked into the subscription and if I did not keep up the subscription it would stop working. However if I bought my own instead without the subscription would it work.

They said if I do not plug it in and use it for a long period then they may close this extra offer down and ask for the box back. Can they tell thatI have one plugged in? If so I was thinking of buying a second box. Could I do that and would they see 2 boxes? Love to know this. I know it is not strictly a PC problem but it does connect to the router and the PC.

Desmond.

I have installed it. Can't get any help NOW out of talk talk. I asked how many free movies can I get (I assume that this is constantly updated). They won't answerer that.

It seems the only stuff that is free is the free view that I had anyway. Tried to google what is free on you view but nothing comes up.

I think I will have to cancel this as I was under the impression that therewere lots of free films that got regularly updated.

:(

Ask a Question