Your Remote Desktop Session has ended


G

Guest

I have 2 PCs at home that I make remote desktop connections to from work.
Both are XP SP2. I forward port 3389 to PC1 and port 3391 to PC2 on my
router. I changed the listening port for Remote Desktop to 3391 on PC2. RDP
connections to PC1 work w/o any problems. From within my local network, I
can connect to PC2 (xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391) with no problems. However, from
work it starts to connect (it has PC2- xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391 Remote Desktop on
the menu bar) and then after 10-15 seconds I get the following error:

Your Remote Desktop session has ended.
The connection to the remote computer was lost, possibly due to network
connectivity problems. Try connecting to the remote computer again. If the
problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical support.

I have the same problem with Zone Alarm turned off. so I don't think it's a
firewall issue, and there is nothing to speak of in the Event Logs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nelson
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Bean said:
I have 2 PCs at home that I make remote desktop connections to from work.
Both are XP SP2. I forward port 3389 to PC1 and port 3391 to PC2 on my
router. I changed the listening port for Remote Desktop to 3391 on PC2.
RDP
connections to PC1 work w/o any problems. From within my local network, I
can connect to PC2 (xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391) with no problems. However, from
work it starts to connect (it has PC2- xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391 Remote Desktop
on
the menu bar) and then after 10-15 seconds I get the following error:

Your Remote Desktop session has ended.
The connection to the remote computer was lost, possibly due to network
connectivity problems. Try connecting to the remote computer again. If
the
problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical
support.

I have the same problem with Zone Alarm turned off. so I don't think it's
a
firewall issue, and there is nothing to speak of in the Event Logs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nelson
Any chance the folks at work are blocking TCP Port 3391 outbound? You can
check with the work network admins about that. Can you connect to PC2 from
another location like a friends house or the library or your favorite
bar/restaurant?

Have you tried to simply reset the router?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 
G

Guest

I tried reseting the router w/o success. I have not tried from a location
other than work, but I have been assured by the network-gods here at work
that 3391 is not blocked. I'm fairly certain I'm getting past the router.
The remote desktop window appears and the name of the PC is being resolved
and is visible in the menu bar - PC2- xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391 before the error
pops up.
 
S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Bean said:
I tried reseting the router w/o success. I have not tried from a location
other than work, but I have been assured by the network-gods here at work
that 3391 is not blocked. I'm fairly certain I'm getting past the router.
The remote desktop window appears and the name of the PC is being resolved
and is visible in the menu bar - PC2- xxxxx.no-ip.com:3391 before the
error
pops up.
I would still try from another location than work as a test...

You also might try a different high number port for PC2, ie. 45678 for
example..

What router are you using? I presume you have the latest firmware installed?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 
G

Guest

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My router is a Netgear WGT624
with the latest firmware (V4.2.4_1.0.1). I tried on another port with the
same results. Here is what may be a big clue. I tried connecting from
several PCs at work. Desktops could not connect, while laptops could?!?!
How's that for a noggin scratcher?
 
S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Bean said:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My router is a Netgear WGT624
with the latest firmware (V4.2.4_1.0.1). I tried on another port with the
same results. Here is what may be a big clue. I tried connecting from
several PCs at work. Desktops could not connect, while laptops could?!?!
How's that for a noggin scratcher?
Did you ever try from a location other than work?

Any chance the laptops are running some sort of firewall or VPN or some type
of security software that may block this? I have seen reports of a Cisco VPN
client blocking RDP requests.

Can the laptops connect to PC1 on TCP Port 3389?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Sooner Al said:
Did you ever try to connect to PC2 from a location other than work?

Any chance the laptops are running some sort of firewall or VPN or some
type of security software that may block this? I have seen reports of a
Cisco VPN client blocking RDP requests.

Can the laptops connect to PC1 on TCP Port 3389?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
Well, I got desktops and laptops mixed up as you can tell. So just
substitute and let us know...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 
G

Guest

- My boss connected to PC2 from his home PC with no problems.
- The laptops can connect to PC1 on TCP Port 3389 with no problems.
- I made sure Windows firewall was turned off on the desktop and the problem
is still there. There is no VPN software on the desktop(s)

** I also created a fresh install of XP on a virtual machine and did not
join it to the domain to eliminate any possibility that there was a policy in
effect that might cause the problem. Connecting to PC1 on 3389 from the
virtual machine worked on my desktop and on a laptop. Connecting to PC2 on
3391 from the virtual machine failed on my desktop and failed on the laptop.
**

Thanks for continuing to help on this Al.
 
S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Bean said:
- My boss connected to PC2 from his home PC with no problems.
- The laptops can connect to PC1 on TCP Port 3389 with no problems.
- I made sure Windows firewall was turned off on the desktop and the
problem
is still there. There is no VPN software on the desktop(s)

** I also created a fresh install of XP on a virtual machine and did not
join it to the domain to eliminate any possibility that there was a policy
in
effect that might cause the problem. Connecting to PC1 on 3389 from the
virtual machine worked on my desktop and on a laptop. Connecting to PC2
on
3391 from the virtual machine failed on my desktop and failed on the
laptop.
**

Thanks for continuing to help on this Al.
Well, if you or someone can connect to your home PC1 (TCP Port 3389) and PC2
(TCP Port 3391) from a site other than the work LAN then it comes down to
something on the desktop PCs at work blocking the connection to PC2.
Obviously the laptops are configured different than the desktops.

Have you looked at the event logs on the work desktop clients to see if you
can find any clues?

What OS is running on the work desktops?

What version of the Remote Desktop client are you running on the laptops and
the desktops at work?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 
G

Guest

I checked the event logs on all the desktops that failed to connect and found
nothing of interest. All desktops and laptops run XP SP2. The Remote
Desktop clients on the laptops and desktops are Shell version 6.0 (Build
number 6000).

I find it interesting... strange... spooky... that on a laptop that has no
problem conecting to PC2 on 3391 can connect to PC1 on 3389 on a virtual
machine running on the laptop but cannot connect to PC2 on 3391 through the
virtual machine.
 
G

Guest

I found the problem. It turns out the MTU on my router was set to 1400. I
changed this to 1500 and could connect to PC2.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Sooner Al [MVP]

Bean said:
I found the problem. It turns out the MTU on my router was set to 1400. I
changed this to 1500 and could connect to PC2.
Strange indeed...

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you have it fixed...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top