Your opinions needed

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've finally got my new hosting set up, and my website and integrated forums set up. There is still a lot of work to be done with the styling (using fairly standard templates at the moment) and a lot of content still needs uploading.

Anyway, I would like all of your honest opinions on the layout, and useability of the site, and any alterations to structure you think i should make - please post opinions here.

You can find the site at www.cache-community.co.uk

The site officially launches next week, so your opinions are all really important to me at the moment. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good cache-man, Mambo is a great CMS choice. All you need is a catchy logo now :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Just registered Cache-man, but having problems editing profile and uploading an avatar! :confused: - have sent you an email.

Looks good though- well done!:)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
will have to look into the avatars, as i couldn't upload my own either, I had to host it on my webspace and link to it

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It seems to have uploaded now - but just shows as a small red cross in a box:confused:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
looking good cache man, maybe a bit of colour in the background on the pages and as ian said a logo

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nice layout, I look forward to seeing the completed site :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
OK, have sorted the avatar issue, the avatar directory was still pointing at the old server, i think a few other things are pointing there too, but i'm trying to resolve these issues as i speak.
I have a friend of mine working on a logo for the site, as I'm not too good with graphics.

Thanks for your views so far, as I said, they are important to me as I need to try and get rid of all the teething troubles before the official launch next week. ;)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Just registered Cache-man, but having problems editing profile and uploading an avatar! :confused: - have sent you an email.

Looks good though- well done!:)
Avatars are now sorted, but i didnt get your e-mail - I've had some mail trouble today, and some of my mail seems to have been redirected to some long lost corner of the globe. Sorry. It's working now though if you'd like to try again, or you can PM me here. What is it you wanted doing with your used ID?

Reaction score
very nice Cache :)

when uve finished ur site
u can come design mine for me :) lol

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
not bad for my first ever attempt at a forum and cms.
Although to be honest, it's based on freely downloadable templates, with a few minor image changes, and a bit of customising the organisation.
Still, it's great to hear most of you like it, but there's still a lot of work to be done. :)

Reaction score
Yeah i did notice that but obviously he hasn't setup his own site yet as i can see all the proposed folders sitting in the index lol..

Your site looks good.

You using my space for developing the site? As it's all going UK within about 2days, transferring every one's sites over to my new UK server, tis bloody fast now, 14ms pings to it from here.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I'm still going to make use of liquid pulse, mainly for developing and learning php, but maybe for a personal forum/blog too.

Reaction score
Nice, as i said, it'll be automatically transferred to the new UK server within 3 or so days, if your contact address is correct in your account info, you'll get an email when it's done :)

Same for everyone else who took up the Hosting Offer on here.

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I'll tell you what Chris, I'll add liquid pulse to the sponsor links of my site if you'd like. Just let me know the details you'd like me to enter for URL, Name, and description. After all, you provided all the hosting for my test sites.

Ask a Question