Your Nicked Sonny!

Reaction score
So had a phone call earlier from the "Police" or as it turned out Microsoft acting on behalf of the Police, as It seems my PC is polluting the internet with spam and I must be stopped!! So the caller identified themselves as working on behalf of the British Police, not a force or constabulary and informed me that officers were on their way to arrest me!

They Microsoft India, as the lady had an accent that came straight from India and learning the English language straight from Eastenders & Coronation Street told be that without paying the £90 fine I would be arrested, my pc confiscated and I would be in court that day on serious charges, now even I know the great English Law system does not work that quick!!!

I decided to ID my self and inform her who I worked for and that the call was being monitored for security, it's not but Mrs MS did not know. I gave my work as MPS and my address as New Scotland Yard, the lady asked who MPS was and I told her Metropolitan Police Service and this was in fact a sting operation with Police India!!

Well it all went very quiet and Mrs Microsoft India seemed not to want to play anymore, I wonder why??

It was apart from the Indian voice convincing and could be seem to be for some a real call, please pass this on to all you care about, as a friend of the family had a call like this recently and at 83 got worried until they rang me at work & I explained these scumbags are ripping people off and nothing for them to worry about and that if they googled it they would find plenty on these rip offs!

They found plenty and over a glass of wine that night they listed some of the rip offs that sadly some had fallen for. Dont have nightmare's, stay safe and have a good night.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice one, feckit. :thumb:

There are so many of these toe-rags around. I usually tell them that I'm in the police or sometimes I'm a journalist. Silence,strangely, ensues. :D

Reaction score
Great stuff feckit, luckily I haven’t had one of those calls for a long time, but usually I tell them to get stuffed.:thumb:

Ask a Question