Access you do not have sufficient access to your computer to install selected printer

Reaction score
I have one PC out of 40 users that has this problem. It does not matter which of the 15 printers is selected its always the same. It's not a domain policy since his is the only one with the problem. His local policy settings are identical to everyone else. I checked permissions to the spool folder they checked ok. I elevated the user to power users still got the error. No error is reported in the event log. The system has been thouroghly scanned for malware using mbam, mcafee and superantispyware. I tried to add a printer as admin the error changes to the name does not match the driver. All of the drivers work perfectly on other machines. Client is xp pro SP3. I would really appricieate some help I feel like I have been pounding my head against a rock.

Ask a Question