York

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive just accepted a job offer to work for Norwich Union in York. I know i just spent a year in Sydney on my own, but just a bit apprehensive about york, even though EVERYONE ive spoken to only has good things to say about the place. Just wondering what people thought about it, or if anyone lives near the area etc etc.

Much appreciated.

Bodhi

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
York is a really nice old historic city, the NU buildings are just on the outskirts near the train station so really easy to get to :) Quite a few nice bars there, but I can't imaging much amazing in the way of nights out ;) Leeds is very close though.

It's a really lovely area :thumb:

Reaction score
Yeah nights out are not meant to be the best, but there ARE 365 pubs apparantly. Coincidence????

Leeds is really close and newcastle is not too far and i can go back to Edinburgh in just over 2 hours on the train. Just wondered if anyone was from that area.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've visited York a coupla times, loved the place. Not that vibrant in the evening, didn't notice many bands playing there, but a real good (and peaceful) atmosphere.

Reminded me of Cambridge a little, somehow.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Bodhi

I live relatively close to York and it's fab :)

You will love it - a very safe and lovely place to live. Lots of culture and interest. If you decide to come, send me a PM and I would be pleased to help with some local info.

Love

Gabriella x

Ask a Question