Windows XP XP Won't boot- blank screen

Reaction score
hello, this is my first post, be kind
nod.gif

right, past few weeks i've been battling a massive attack from spyware and i keep correcting it but keeps coming back (that aint the point- just some background history)
the other day i left the computer to shutdown, as it did that it installed automatic updates , came to switch it on the next morning, dell loading screen comes up, then it goes blank:eek:, no xp or dos, i try different boot modes but still to no avail, so i ask a few people what it could be, one surgested it was a dead hard drive and the other said its been locked by an automatic update, which is it? and how'd i go about solving it.:confused:

many thanks

Jamie C!:thumb:

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://kanotix.com/changelang-eng.html

Download and burn to CD one of the Kanotix Live CD os's then use it. From the running live cd you will be able to tell if your hdd is faulty. It is not rocket science so you should be able to do that.

Report back when you know for sure if your hdd is working or dead.

You could use any GNU/Linux Live CD but Kanotix is easy to use for a newbiee.

:)

Reaction score
Hi

ok, when i have some enthsiasm to bring it out of storage i will have alook at it
other suggestions still welcome, thanks

Cheers Jamie C

Ask a Question