Windows XP Blue Screening, AHHHHH :@

Reaction score
hello all

i did post about my old computer going tits up a couple of months ago but never had the time or enthusiasm to look at it lol

anyway i found me laptop which i had forgotten about to use as a replacement, up untill recently it has been running on SP1 i then updated it to SP2 so i could use newer msn etc etc
when it rebooted it blue screen'd, after another reboot it was fine, it didn't do anything untill thursday evening when i was on a website (southwesttrains checking train times) that it bluescreen'd again, now when i go to play "Cross Racing Championship 2005" it blue screens every time i boot the game. the thing that i dont understand is, before i updated to SP2 it was fine , never blue screen'd once.

so does anyone know whats going on??

Cheers Jamie C

Reaction score
Can you tell us the error message you get with the blue screen please Jamie, it may help with coming to a better conclusion as to what is wrong?

Reaction score
hello

thought i forgot something! the bluescreen don't stay on long enough to read it, so i grabbed the code when it had rebooted.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BFAA0DDE BCP3 : F5D4EB2C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Cheers Jamie C

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Turn off the automatic reboot so you can actually see the error when it happens, chances are it will tell you enough about itself to let you troubleshoot further.

To change the recovery settings to disable automatic rebooting:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect

:user:

Ask a Question