Windows XP XP SP3 now available to download

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I take it no ones had any probs with slipstreaming a copy of sp3 with Xp sp2 previously slipstreamed onto a disc, as thats what I will be using..

That's precisely what I done.

Seems to be ok but I haven't done an install with it yet, had no need to.

I may try it on the machine I have with the swappable hard disk caddies though, have a couple of HDD's not being used atm.

All I can report is that when I insert the finished disk into a drive, the 'Install XP' splash screen appears.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Works fine...

Did a clean install with my slipstreamed XP SP3 today on a Q6600 and it all went swimmingly and works fine
nod.gif

The only updates available from Windows Update afterwards were the latest Malicious Software Tool, IE7 and WMP11 - so its been a worthwhile exercise.

I may now find an update pack and slipstream IE7 and WMP11 into this now for a fully up-to-date version.

I then later installed Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit as a dual boot and that went fine too :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Its not as easy as just integrating SP3.....from what I read there are a few issues to be aware of, so you need to get it right - I'll report back when I've given it a go :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Its not as easy as just integrating SP3.....from what I read there are a few issues to be aware of, so you need to get it right - I'll report back when I've given it a go :thumb:

Did you manage to slipstream the IE7 and WMP 11 ???

happywave.gif

Ask a Question