XP Shortcut | Favorite from Launch Bar "There was a problem sending the command to the program"

M

MsOsWin

In previous Win9x, I can drag a tested URL from the Links in IE6 to the Windows Launch bar. (Launch bar in/next-to Taskbar,
near Start button)

Now I don't know why the tested shortcut in IE6's Links won't work when dragged to the Launch bar in XP.
Instead IE gives error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program"

===============
I've tried some searches...
"There was a problem sending the command to the program"
XP Problem Shortcut | Favorite Launch Bar
Launch| Ie6 Url "There was a problem sending the command to the program
Xp Shortcut | Favorite Launch "There was a problem sending the command to the program
Shortcut | Favorite Launch "Problem Sending" Xp "Command To The Program"
Search only in microsoft.public.windowsxp.* Launch |Url There was a problem sending the command to the program

C

Courtney

In previous Win9x, I can drag a tested URL from the Links in IE6 to the Windows Launch bar. (Launch bar in/next-to Taskbar,
near Start button)

Now I don't know why the tested shortcut in IE6's Links won't work when dragged to the Launch bar in XP.
Instead IE gives error message: "There was a problem sending the command to the program"

===============
I've tried some searches...
"There was a problem sending the command to the program"
XP Problem Shortcut | Favorite Launch Bar
Launch| Ie6 Url "There was a problem sending the command to the program
Xp Shortcut | Favorite Launch "There was a problem sending the command to the program
Shortcut | Favorite Launch "Problem Sending" Xp "Command To The Program"
Search only in microsoft.public.windowsxp.* Launch |Url There was a problem sending the command to the program

If you have Zone Alarm: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ZoneAlarmError.htm

courtney sends....

M

MsOsWin

More...

I can drag from launch or desktop into a Mozilla window.. reaches web page successfully.
I created new URLs in launch and desktop in various ways: 1) drag copy from Links, 2) Create internet shortcut by drag from
Address bar in IE6, 3) File>>Send to...>>shortcut desktop, 4) drag from Location bar in Moz,,,,
Properties of URL look the same as Url in Links.

But all of these give same resulting err message when I drag (into IE) or double-click from desktop or from Launch. (IE is default
browser)

BTW, Moz was never set as default browser or default news/mail.

M

MsOsWin

Courtney said:
ah
the symptoms described in above page seem similar, tho not the same. but...

"You may add 0.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1 to the Trusted Zone and allow Windows Explorer access only to Trusted zone, but not the
Internet Zone."

(I added 127.0.0.1 first, tested, but needed to also add 0.0.0.0)

now ie loads properly from doubleclik desktop URL, and 2 differnet URLs load from Launch bar, so I guess things are right
again.

Ask a Question