Xp reinstall NTLDR error

i seen to get this problem each time but i am not able to fix yet.

summary:
NTLDR missing
can't install XP pro
NO OS installed

so i decided to re-partition my C: drive and delete all off of it. i set the
BIOS to boot from CD and put in my XP pro, full copy, it goes in to the
windows setup screen and is fine till the partition setup. i set it to NTFS
and the go into the C: drive to start the install, from that menu, and it
says that the partition is not compatible for windows and to go back to make
a partition that would. I tried that and still nothing.
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/install.mspx reference
step 6) so i tried using the 6 floppies and got beyond that but then there is
something about a file missing that the only option to quit install and
restart the computer sigh.
tried to copy the NTLDR file to the C: drive in DOS without success. tried
combos of having the C: drive formatted and not sometimes i think i am making
progress to get slapped down again. without and floppy or XP CD: i get to
where windows would load of the drive C: or other and get NTDLR missing
CRL+Del+Alt. i have a Cd that formats hard drives for the manufacture
(western digital) of the drive and tried formatting that and then is sits for
a long time (install manual or something) but does not seem to complete after
hitting 100%.
In the BIOS I am able to see everything i.e: C drive. I have a second drive
that I used as a back up for the files that I want to keep and CAN’T delete
it. It does show up in the windows setup (dos screen). There is no jumper on
it. It is only a slave drive anyway.

I have not found the solution here so I have posted PLEASE HELP! What do I
need to do. In some detail please.

poperrap said:
[...]

So are you performing a Clean install, did you delete your Old Partition (s)
and create new ones then Format them.
If you have a Virus or malwares or an ASnti-virus Application left on the
Old Installation can interfere with this process.
Here is a link on how to perform a clean install read and see where you gone
wrong:
HTH.
Let us know.
Regards,
nass

Gerry Cornell

May be too late for this:
http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldrismissing.htm

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
poperrap said:
[...]

keep and CANage that says it does not find
that
page, then gives me a bunch of places to go with windows stuff.
Any thing else?
Thanks..........Ned...

:

Found in Google

From: TaurArian [MS-MVP] - view profile
Date: Wed, Dec 20 2006 9:03 pm
Email: "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" <[email protected]>
Groups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

0x800B0110
-2146762480
CERT_E_WRONG_USAGE

try-

To turn on automatic updating of trusted root authority
certificates

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/prodd...

Ron Martell

poperrap said:
[...]

The symptoms you describe indicate that you may have a problem with
your hard drive. Go to the hard drive manufacturer's web site,
download their free diagnostic test utility, and run that to check out
the drive for possible problems. That utility will also have an
option to completely wipe out the contents of the drive.

And for safety's sake, and to eliminate one possible source of your
problems, I suggest that you temporarily disconnect your second hard
drive and leave it disconnected until after you have Windows installed
and functioning correctly on the main hard drive. Note that you may
have to change the jumper settings on the main hard drive, as some
brands use a different jumper setting for "stand alone master drive"
and "master drive with slave present".

As I mentioned above, some hard drives do not work well together when
connected as master and slave on the same IDE channel. This is
relatively rare and when it does happen it almost always turns out
that the two drives are from different manufacturers and one drive is
quite a few years newer than the other.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--