Windows XP XP microphone setup problem

Reaction score
Running XP my new microphone (already tested) is not recognized by my RealTek audio input card/app. I have researched this situation and have done the following:

Checked:
1. sndvol32.exe, Options/Properties, Audio input, Record is checked as well as Microphone selected
2. when I attempt a sound device check, it still seems that my mic is not detected
3. went further to ensure that volume is up and that mute is unchecked

I would think this should be a plug and play. Already on day 2 of TS. Help, please.

Reaction score
Tried reinstalled the RealTek drivers?
With my RealTek sound card I get prompt to select whether the jack is to be recognised as a input or output device. Did you get prompt like this? ...or is that your problem? That the sound card will absolutely not recognise the jack being used?

Reaction score
Jason.369, Thanks for your response. I was actually able to get my internal mic working. Its my (better quality) external mic that the driver doesn't seem to recognize. I do get both output and input device windows and, of course, worked with the input side. Since the first piece of success was with the internal mic, there's hope that I'll get the ext mic to work too.

Ask a Question