Windows XP XP laptop cannot see my wireless network but can see all my neighbours

Reaction score
Hi all
happywave.gif

I have small home network which consists of one desktop (XP) computer wired connected to a Belkin wireless router. A XP Laptop wired connected to router and 1 Vista Laptop wirelessly connected.

I got a second hand Dell Inspirion laptop, which is a good laptop, I've been trying to connect it to my network wirelessly via a wireless card. Both the card and the router support 'g' connectivity. The laptop is finding all my neighbours wireless networks but not mine weird :confused:

I have the laptop in question upgraded with SP3, it also has a RJ45 port which has a factory fitted cover on it, I took the cover off and tried to connect it but no joy. All I wanted this computer for was to give my son to go online with and thats the only thing it il not do.
wallbash.gif

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Reaction score
download netstumbler and see if your SSID shows up in the wireless list, make note of all channels in use by neighboring wireless access points.

-do you have a cordless phone at your house? make? model?

-what channel is your Belkin wireless router currently using?

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your help I downloaded Netstumbler ran it and it doesn't see my SSID, there is a blank SSID with 6 MAC addresses attached to it. Another SSID Talk talk with 1 MAC address attached to it and it has a padlock on it. The blank SSID has no channel beside it and the talk talk is on channel 6. I have been doing some reading up on how to use this program its pretty cool but I need to read more.

Yes I have a cordless phone it is a Philip's CD535 Trio I have the main access point downstairs and 2 extra phones upstairs and my computer room upstairs.

My Belkin is using channel 11.

Reaction score
Um.. Try to call the Belkin wireless router company and tell them wat is the problem. Um.. ya something like that happened to me to : I have a laptop and its connected to linksys router. When ever someone called or i made a call the internet connection got off(shutdown) then when i finish talkin, after a lil while it comes back. so i sent the product back to the company (because they told me to). After 1-2 weeks it they sent me a new product and it worked so now i am happy. WHY DON"T U TRY THAT TO????? ok

Ask a Question