XP Key Help

Reaction score
About 3 years ago I bought a bundled HP computer with XP home installed on it. A year later I was taking a computer science class and Microsoft had a deal with my college and they gave out XP pro product key's to the CS students. I used that key to install XP pro on my HP machine a year after I bought. I recently bought a new computer, and I want to install my original XP Home back on my HP, and the free copy of XP Pro on my new computer. The problem I am having is that I can't find the product key for the free copy of XP Pro that I got in college. I have downloaded numerous key finders (magic jelly bean, rockxp, cd-keyreader, ect.) They all report the same key but when I enter it into the windows setup for my new machine it reports that the key is invalid. I am sure that I am entering the key reported for XP Pro, not the keys for office. I also am still on SP1. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Troy

Ask a Question