Xp install

Reaction score
So i'm trying to install xp on an older machine and I keep getting this Error "the bios in this system is not fully acpi comp.vist www.hardware-update.com for an updated bios"but there are no bios updates! I've heard there are ways around this can you help,Thanx

Reaction score
I'm not real sure.I'd say around 99.Its p4 128mgram and 12ghd it has some bull**** msw98 network ghost on it.On start up it jumps back and forth from bios to video card to hd back to start up.I know theres a way around this.Any suggestion would be welcome

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You're pushing the boat out with that ... ;)

:user:

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not a Pentium III? One of my machines is a 2001 P3 128MB 20GB, it would make more sense. Sorry, I,m just being pedantic...

How do you mean it jumps from BIOS to video card to HDD? I assume you're booting from the Windows XP setup disc, how far into the setup do you get before you encounter the error message?

That website link does not look like something MS would link to...

Reaction score
Sorry

Yeah it's a p3(don't know where the heads at today?) so it gets thru setup and says "now starting windows". It then blacks out and comes on with the acpi/bios thing.

Ask a Question