Wrong PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a mailbox user on our Exchange 2007 system using Outlook 2007 who has recently opened a dispute regarding an email that wasn't delivered. The details a

• Email was allegedly sent at 10:00 on a Monday, although it wasn't received by the recipients. Sender has a desktop PC on permanent wired connection and no network issues at time.
  • Email was received by three recipients at 09:24 two days later (Wednesday).
  • PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME of message is 09:24:47.550 on Wednesday
  • PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME of message is 10:00:00.000 on Monday

To summarise the above, the email appears to have been submitted two days after the delivery time... which obviously doesn't sound correct.

I've tried to recreate this issue (using Outlook 2010) and have found that if my Outlook is offline when I send an email, it sits in the Outbox and sends when next online, as expected. However, when checking the email header info, the PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME is the time I went back online and it was moved from my Outbox and the PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME was the time I pressed send while offline. Therefore, I have managed to replicate this issue.

Has anybody else got any experience of this happening or can anyone explain why this is the case? The desktop PC in question was on and connected to the network all day on the Monday and the user sent other emails that day after the one that 'got stuck', all of which were timestamped correctly and received as expected.

Any help on this would be appreciated !

Cheers

Reaction score
Sorry - to clarify what I'm asking ...

Is there a message field which clearly states what time the email was created within Outlook? The PR_CREATION_TIME field is the time it was created in the Exchange message store, so no use.

Ask a Question