MailItem.Move to different PST updates PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME

J

Joel Finkel

Folks,

I have discovered that in Outlook 2003, if one uses the Move method on a MailItem object, and the destination folder is in a different PST file, the PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME is set to the current system time (GMT). Everything else appears to be preserved.

Personally, I consider this to be a bug.

It would be intersting to see if others can confirm this, and if this behavior exists in prior versions.

- Joel Finkel
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Hi Joel,

I'm also facing the same issue. The ReceivedTime of the MailItem is changed to current time. I'm using Outlook 2003 with SP2. Only certain machines in our domain face this problem. When i manually do "Copy To Folder" option in Outlook, the copied mail is changed with the current date. Since this is an internal problem with Outlook 2003, When we use

Set objMovedMail = objCopyEMailItem.Move(objDestFolder)

in VB, the ReceivedTime property of the copied mail item changes to the current date.

Do we have any workaround for this problem. Will it start working if we are going to repalce any dll of lib files. Can we use any other function to move the mailitem to another folder

Ask a Question