write-protection on 12 in 1 card reader

Reaction score
I have a SanDisk 12 in 1 card reader and I am trying to delete pictures off of one of my cards. There are 4 slots. The card I'm trying to delete from is a SanDisk 256 mb card. When I hit delete it tells me that it cannot delete and I need to remove the write-protection. This reader is at work and I can delete off of the same disk on my home computer and off of other computers here at work. I can't figure it out why it won't work on this one slot! And searches for this kind of information don't come with much help. Not even on the SanDisk website. The disk in not locked either. I've checked that time and time again as I'm inserting it.

The even stranger thing is that I can delete pictures from another card/slot in the same reader! It's not a SanDisk card, it's a Compact Flash card. But it doesn't make sense to me....unless I'm REALLY clueless and am missing something very obvious! Which nobody really likes to think of themselves as that clueless!

Please help!

Thanks!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really not sure on the reason why, but as it is such a strange problem it could well be a hardware fault with the SD slot in the reader. Have you tried another SD card in that same slot?

Readers are less than a tenner now, so it shouldn't be too costly to replace - just very annoying! :)

Reaction score
thanks...it must be that because i have tried other cards. but i'm hopefully getting a new computer soon...hopefully being the key word there! so i'll probably be getting rid of this thing. but we'll see...

thanks!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
theres a little slider on most cards that write protects them, give that a try

Ask a Question