SD Cards

tdc

Reaction score
Hi
I have an Acer Veriton M421G which has a slot for SD cards.
My SD card is a SDHC and when it is insertede into the slot a green light comes on which I guess is a good sign. However, the card is not recognised in *MY COMPUTER*. I have checked with the manual and all I can find is that tha Acer has a multi card reader (does that includeSDHC).
Any advice appreciated.
tdc

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Have you tried your SD card in another computer? ( to check that your computer is OK)

And, have you tried another SD card in your computer? (to check that your SD card is OK)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi tdc.

I found myself with a similar problem, when I discovered that my computer's SD slot is not actually compatible with SDHC cards.

My solution was to purchase a USB multi-card reader (they are pretty cheap to buy, as you probably know) which overcame the problem. I use it a lot and it works really well.
:)

tdc

Reaction score
Hi
thanks for the responses. I have tried the card in my Acer laptop and it works fine!
I dont have another SD card at the moment to try in the desktop. I have tried a SanDisc 512 mb compact flash from my camera and it works fine in the desktop but this is a bigger card and goes in a different slot.
I have ordered some SD cards over the internet so I will see what happens then.
As suggested I can always get a seperate card reader.
Thanks tdc

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi
thanks for the responses. I have tried the card in my Acer laptop and it works fine!
I dont have another SD card at the moment to try in the desktop. I have tried a SanDisc 512 mb compact flash from my camera and it works fine in the desktop but this is a bigger card and goes in a different slot.
I have ordered some SD cards over the internet so I will see what happens then.
As suggested I can always get a seperate card reader.
Thanks tdc

Hi TDC, your particular model of Acer does not support SDHC as yet.

tdc

Reaction score
HI
As it happens the SD cards arrived in the post after my last posting. Unfortunatley this does not work.The card is a SanDisk 8GB with adapter. When the card is inserted in the slot the green light comes on.
Any suggestions appreciated.
tdc

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi TDC

It looks like your SD card reader in your computer only accepts standard SD cards these are 4GB and smaller..
SDHC are 4GB and higher so your 8GB card will not work in your computer, unless of course you take TC's advice and buy a SDHC reader!

Ask a Question