wps file ext

Holly Kubick

I have both Word Perfect 10 and Word 97 and cannot open a WPS file. I
downloaded a converter from Microsoft and still cannot open this file. Any
suggestions.
Holly

Lem

Holly said:
I have both Word Perfect 10 and Word 97 and cannot open a WPS file. I
downloaded a converter from Microsoft and still cannot open this file. Any
suggestions.
Holly

Do you actually know what application created the WPS file? According to
http://filext.com/file-extension/wps such files *might* be a Microsoft
Works document but then again it might be a WordPerfect 11 WPEntrust
Signed Document. Or something entirely different.

Ask the person who sent you the file what was used to create it.

BTW, which converter did you d/l?

Alan Edwards

What converter did you download?
One from here?

I suspect you need MS Works as I doubt that the converter will open
all Works files (.wps)
You should ask at the Works group to verify that.
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.works.win
It may help if you know the version of Works that created the .wps
file.

No version of Word Perfect I have ever used has been able to open all
Works files

....Alan