World Community Grid

Reaction score
I was a member a few years ago.
I have a new computer and have rejoined World Community Grid.
My SCREENSAVER says that, "World Community Grid is not running" and tells me to launch it. How can I tell if it's running? And if not, how do I start it? :confused:

Thanks,
:wall:
Crusader325

Reaction score
Try this click on Programs, scroll down to World Community Grid, click on that, the WCG control panel will apear on screen,click on Activity and then you will be given a choice of how you want to run the site. Hope that helps:D

Reaction score
Apologies for my stupidity but I am new at this and so I'm lost.
I see nothing that says, "Program" to click on. You mean this page? The WCG page?...
Pls be more specific for my brainless head...
:blush:

Reaction score
:DHi there no problems. Look in the bottom left of your screen and do you see the round Microsoft Windows icon (start button) bring your cursor on to it and left click, this will bring up a menu, left click on "All Programs" this will show all the programs you have on your PC. Scroll down to "World Community Grid", Left click on that and a subtitle will appear "World Community Grid - BIONIC Manager Lets you monitor and control BIONIC". Left click on that and that will bring up the control panel for WCG. At the top of the page left hand side there is the following "File" "View" "Tools" "Activity" "Advanced" "Help" buttons . Left click on Activity, a box will appear and you can then make your preferences on how you wish to run the program.

Please let me know how you get on.:thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, maybe I'm not QUITE that much of an idiot :lol: I figured it out but thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it!
:bow:

Reaction score
To save all that fiddling about I would put a shortcut to WCG it will make it easier to grt on to the page.:D

Ask a Question