Workstation Service Failing

Workstation service is failing with following error:
Initialization failed because the requested service redirector could not be
started.
and a second message reads:

Service Control Manager
The Workstation service terminated with the following error:
The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that
all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not
corrupted.

This results in browser computer browser service not starting and I am
unable to browse the network. I have ran a disk check with no joy.

File system is NTFS. OS running great except for this error and resulting
errors. No disk or apparent volume problems.

I can not seem to find an answer to this problem. Thanks.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Mike,

Known issue with antivirus software causing this problem. Notably Norton. Boot into Safe
Mode with Networking and see if you still have the same issue. Uninstall the antivirus software
and reboot the machine.

HTH,
Gary

'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNaWxhbg==?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Workstation Service Failing
'--'Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:07:01 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.