Word Word 2007 Styles

Reaction score
I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP operating system and trying to creating custom styles.

I have created a quick style set which is saving in the Quick Styles Folder as a dotx file. I have then created the styles that I want. However my main styles which I have named Fr1 and Fr2 and are based on multilevel numbered list are numbering correctly but the alignment keeping changing whenever I open up a new document. I have set Fr1 as 0cm Left Alignment, Hanging 2cm with a Tab stop of 2cm, spacing before and after of 6 and 12pt. Fr2 is set similar but with text size Arial 14 instead of Arial 20.

I have resaved the style set each time I reset the style for the above, but when I open a new document to apply this style set to, the indents have changed.

Fr1 changes the hanging element, Fr2 changes the left alignment and the hanging element.

Can someone please throw some light of this as it is becoming extremely frustrating as I want to use these styles to create a template for reports that we create and for a standard in the department.

As an aside, how can I create multilevel bullets with my own style name that will show 1.0. The system will only show me 1. 2. etc

I originally restyled and renamed the Heading 1 and Heading 2 styles, but decided to create my own names because the alignment would not remain constant, but it does not appear to make any difference and I may revert to this for the correct numbering of the multilevel styles.

Many thanks for your help

Ask a Question